Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock ION 3D 152B - very slow Windows 7 startup

Default Asrock ION 3D 152B - very slow Windows 7 startup

I have 2 problems with my new Asrock ION 3D 152B HTPC.

1) I installed Windows 7 32bit. The system starts booting, the animated Windows logo animates, the HDD LED blinks like crazy and then suddenly everything stops. The hard disc appears to do nothing (the LED doesn't blink at all), the system is silent, nothing appears to be happening. And suddenly after 2.5 - 3.5 minutes I can hear the hard disc again, then the HDD LED blinks again and Windows continues in the boot. Any idea what can be happening ? I am using the BIOS version which came with the machines, and the only thing I changed in BIOS was the date and time

2) I bought the Star Wars Blu-Ray set. I have PowerDVD 11 installed. The system hangs at completely random parts of the discs - all other BluRays play fine. I know this is probably a software-related problem, not hardware-related, but it would be great if somebody could me at least point me in the correct direction how to find out what's happening.

Thanks a lot

Default Re: Asrock ION 3D 152B - very slow Windows 7 startup

Or at least could somebody tell me HOW can I try to find out what's going on ?

Default Re: Asrock ION 3D 152B - very slow Windows 7 startup

No tips ? At least to point 1 ? Forget the Star Wars-related problem, I just don't want to wait 5 minutes till I can work :-(

ANY help is appreciated !

Thread Information