Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6970 Crossfire on Extreme7 Gen3 Poor Performance.

Default Re: 6970 Crossfire on Extreme7 Gen3 Poor Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    well you can uninstall first and install newer drivers,i dont think you would need to remove any cards,not sure but i think its when you first enable xfire you have to add one card at a time,ive never had any trouble installing over old drivers,ati drivers are much improved now from what they used to be,but its best to uninstall first to be safe
    I've been a fan of ATI (AMD) for close to 20 years :) I've had just about every flavor I think. Until this past year, I usually did try to overlay the drivers, and just ended up doing clean installs. I resigned to clean installs a year or so ago and have been doing it ever since without any problems.

I suspect you may be right. Once the cards are installed properly once, removal of drivers and then installing new drivers, may be a fine practice as the devices have properly been enumerated in the system. I'll let you know, AMD is due for a new set soon!
    Last edited by Undermoose; 09-26-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Angry Re: 6970 Crossfire on Extreme7 Gen3 Poor Performance.

Hi Iíve not had time yet to read all this thread, but i have been to hell and back with this extreme7 board, First I got the extreme4 Gen1 on release date fantastic board and runs crossfire no problem, but as I run eyefinity some games struggle at 5760x1200 so I had been waiting for the extreme7 to trifire 6950ís or 70ís when flashed. So I got the new board thinking it would work no problem with the nf200 chip so after setting up the system with 3 cards I was getting massive amounts of screen tearing and lag/frame drops in all game so running 2 cards would reduce the problems by half, BUT a single card would run perfect and give me a massive difference in performance over a single card in my extreme4.. Anyway I canít find a fix for the board as I have used a different CPU,RAM,HHD,PSU even case lol but canít find a way to get crossfire/trifire and eyefinity to run well at all.. On another note not that I did much testing a single screen was ok but I get the same fps now on 2 cards in my extreme4 setup so I need to swap boards again for testing.. Hmmm if I canít find a fix soon you will see this board on fire on utube! NO JOKE, lost 4 days last wk trying to solve it :s

I did contact Asrock, they said contact my supplier and ask for a RMA etc, my supplier said if i have had the board over 7 days and i had it 20 i cant get a refund so Iím stuck with a nice looking door stop at the min lol
    <o:p></o:p>

Having spent that much time trying to fix your CrossfireX, I suggest taking the time to read this thread.

Bottom line, I removed all the drivers, removed one card from the PC, installed the latest drivers to one card, and then put the 2nd card back into the box. I suggest you do the same, remove all the drivers and then install to one card, then add one card at a time to your system.

My crossfire is smooth as ice now. Absolutely no problems with two 6970's.
    Last edited by Undermoose; 09-28-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undermoose View Post
    Having spent that much time trying to fix your CrossfireX, I suggest taking the time to read this thread.

Bottom line, I removed all the drivers, removed one card from the PC, installed the latest drivers to one card, and then put the 2nd card back into the box. I suggest you do the same, remove all the drivers and then install to one card, then add one card at a time to your system.

My crossfire is smooth as ice now. Absolutely no problems with two 6970's.
    Thanks, i will give it a try this weekend, i really hope this works, it must be the only thing i didn't do if i remember correct..

Even if it does work, its very strange how i can put the extreme4 board back in with the extreme7 windows installation on the hdd and it runs perfect :s anyway thanks for the advice as i really want this board to work as it really does look the biz :)

Overlaying existing drivers was again buggy... it dropped my Windows Experience from 7.9 to 6.0.

Removal of all drivers and installing to a single card wasn't clean either, however after disabling CrossfireX and then enabling it again I'm working.

My current drivers upgrade/install thinking.. disable CrossfireX, remove existing drivers, install drivers, enable CrossfireX. You shouldn't need to remove hardware to upgrade drivers, it's not a good idea repeatedly, it would cause wear on components and promote system damage risks.
    Last edited by Undermoose; 09-30-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information