Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Extreme7 Gen3 Built in Graphics & Crossfire & Two minitors (non-eyefinity)

Question Extreme7 Gen3 Built in Graphics & Crossfire & Two minitors (non-eyefinity)

So, now my Extreme7 Gen3 is working flawlessly, and it's very fast!

I have a CrossfireX setup with two Asus EAH 6970 video cards, and I used to run two monitors through the primary card for an extended desktop. I like the idea of Eyefinity, but need 3 monitors to do that right, so back to my point;

Would it be a good practice to put my primary on my primary CrossfireX card for gaming, and then the second monitor on the motherboard graphics card for multimedia with Lucid Virtu? It seems to work for an extended desktop too.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be setup because I'm used to the motherboard graphics being disabled when PCI-e graphics cards are installed. This is new!

Exclamation Re: Extreme7 Gen3 Built in Graphics & Crossfire & Two minitors (non-eyefinity)

LOL don't do it!

I tried it once earlier today and my PC blue screened. I thought perhaps it was just the bad driver install I recently fixed on my CrossfireX setup....

Tried to connect monitor 1 to my CrossfireX setup and monitor 2 to the motherboard and it works for a little while, then got bluescreen again.

Oh well, live and learn, don't understand why I can't turn off the motherboard graphics.

Thread Information