Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 5.1 HD Audio 880GM-LE

Default 5.1 HD Audio 880GM-LE

Is it possible to download some type of driver to make the sound jacks work with a 5.1 sound system like the Logitech x-530 which has seperate plugs for front speakers, rear speakers, subwoofer, etc. I cannot find any information on this, but it seems casually mentioned in the user manual. My case has an HDA or 97 jack that plugs into the motherboard. If I plug in the HDA, does this enable it and what jacks are for what?

Default Re: 5.1 HD Audio 880GM-LE

Never mind, I figured it out and it works for my purposes. The line in and mic jacks are used for the speakers. I found the information on the internet. I am actually not using the surround so I have a 3.1, not 5.1 system. I don't want the wire to mess up my vacuuming. Thanks.

Succeeded some more! Either by installing the hd driver from the website or unplugging the rear plug and replugging it, or both, I have all 6 speakers functioning. I am still not going to use surround (the rear speakers) so I'll have the rear speakers in front of the room. Great motherboard.

Another option I found after downloading drivers from amd's website using their automatic driver detection and download tool that you can have the sound coming out of the hi def tv if you use it as a monitor. I use the dvi output, have a dvi to hdmi adapter, then a hdmi cable. This removes all the clutter of cables and speakers in the room the tv is in. Very economical too.

Thread Information