Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New problem with ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3 - Second MB with same problem

Default New problem with ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3 - Second MB with same problem

Hello everyone, Thought I would reach out. I am on my second ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3 with the same issue. Called asrock they told me to return it after spending some time debugging with them on the phone. Now the second mother board has the same problem. Problem: In the UEFI Bios I cannot manually change a numeric value. Example, when changing the multiplier it will only take the number 5 or sometimes 16. If I enter number 1 then number 5 appears. All pull down menus work fine. Example when I enter in a user profile to save, only letters will enter properly. If I enter a number the shift value will display, example if you enter the number 2 the @ character will display. I have tried 3 different keyboards with the same result. System will boot into win7 fine, but I need bios control.
    When you enter any number into a manual field the minimum value is displayed.
    Example: CAS Legacy, The minimum amount is 5. If you enter any number say 9 the number 5 is indicated. The same with other setting like the multiplier, If you enter 40 the number indicated is 16. weird <!-- / message -->

Seems like a Bios. Anyone have this issue? what am I missing?
    No newbie here.

System spec.
    Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3
    i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz
    Gskill 1866Mhz memory 16GB
    Corsair GT 240GB SSD
    Powercolor 2X6870. (two in crossfire)
    OCZ 1000W Gold PSU
    CoolerMaster 932 case
    G19 keyboard and wireless mouse
    <!-- / message -->
    Last edited by Cool Mike; 09-28-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Default Re: New problem with ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3 - Second MB with same problem

Did you try with a ps/2 keyboard? ;)

Default Re: New problem with ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3 - Second MB with same problem

thanks for the reply. No I havent. Dont own one. Got rid of them a few years ago.

After reading a few forums, seems to be a few issues around devices on the USB ports. Come to think of it I had an issue with the MB not regonizing one of my logitech keyboards.
    asrock just updated the bios with a new rev. that deals wih a USB mouse issue.

Dear Cool Mike,

We did the test with a lot keyboard, but we cannot see the symptom as yours.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Update the latest BIOS from below link and load BIOS default settings to try.
    Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 > Download
    2. Plug your mouse to other USB ports to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

hi

this bit here
    "If I enter a number the shift value will display, example if you enter the number 2 the @ character will display. "

I have seen this before.....I have had this problem when I have not set location properly when installing windows....especially on XP.....it looks like it has the american keyboard settings and not UK....may be nothing but its worth checking
    Griff

I7 5280k @ 4.2
    ASUS X99-Deluxe II
    CRYORIG A80 AIO
    GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
    Samsung Evo polaris 250gb
    16Gb Avexir core red series
    Evga P2 750 wt
    Phantec Evolv Tg.

I've had the same problem with the Asrock Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen 3.
    Try removing the battery from the motherboard for at least 20min .
    This totally clears cmos. This worked for me and have not had
    the problem since. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I will try tonight.

Works fine with clean reboot. If you BSOD/bad overclock then I get the issue. example: 4.6 will indicate $.^ clean boot: enter 4.6 you get 4.6.
    The ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3 is an excellent MB and this is a no issue to me. Overclocks my I5 2500K to 4.6Ghz and my 16Gb 1866mhz of Gskill memory to 2133mhz 9-11-10-28.
    Running solid.... Love it. Hope to hit 4.8ghz after my silver5 cures.

Thread Information