Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BSOD code 0x00000001

Default BSOD code 0x00000001

I have an Asrock 880GM-LE and have twice encountered bsod error code 0x00000001 in module ntkrnlpa.exe at offset +208696. This is a APC_INDEX_MISMATCH and is usually caused by bad drivers, according to internet searches. I have tried multiple displays and have all windows updates, current drivers from Asrock's website, and ATI's Catalyst driver installed by their own driver download program. During windows update, I got the message that the video driver was not functioning properly, and sometime after this the 2 bsods occurred, altho I only used the system for 2 days before the updates. I'm using windows vista home premium 32 bit and have 8 G 1333 memory clocked by default at 1066. I'm using an amd athlon x2 255 processor. The system works except for this occasional bsod at startup, right after the Microsoft Corporation slider dissappears. Any tries?

Default Re: BSOD code 0x00000001

I think I discovered the solution. The defaults for the memory timings the motherboard chose were wrong. I set the clock to 1333 MHz (it defaulted to 1066 MHz - new setting without overclocking), and the timings to 9-9-9-24 as printed on the memory; they were all off. I have not had a bsod since, but I will inform you if I do.

I guess it's been 2 weeks and no new BSODs so I guess it was the memory timings. Perfect board!

You should always check and make sure the timings are correct when you build a new pc

Thread Information