Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Not supported mode

Default Not supported mode

With my Asrock 880GM-LE, it sometimes goes into a mode where the hi def tv used as a monitor says "Not Supported" or no signal, especially during initial power on. Is this a problem with the bios (I'm on 1.6), or can't the on board video hardware handle 1080p? I have a dvi-hdmi adapter and an hdmi cable to the hi def tv. Most recent drivers are installed from ATI even using their downloader. I will say that during the window update procedure a message appeared saying that the video driver was not functioning properly, but I updated with the ATI downloader after that. I hope a bios update or driver update can fix this erratic problem.

Default Re: Not supported mode

To add to this, it seems to work once it gets to the video driver later in the vista home premium boot. So whatever driver or bios firmware runs when it's first booting doesn't switch to the dvi output. Could you bring out a new bios after 1.6 with fixes? After the system is "warmed up", like the second boot in succession, it works to show the UCC screen.

Default Re: Not supported mode

I think I figured it out and there is no problem. If you turn the tv on first, set it to hdmi input, and wait 5 seconds, turning on the computer afterwards will result in all boot screens and the not supported message no longer appears. Thanks.

Thread Information