Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ASROCK Z68 Pro gen3 no post at all.

Default Re: ASROCK Z68 Pro gen3 no post at all.

I have the same exact problem, where I have a Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 motherboard and 4 sticks of 4GB Corsair Vengence RAM (1600 timing). No matter what sticks I put in what slots, I can only get my system to boot up if I have a stick in the B1 or B2 slots. If I put a stick in the A1 or A2 slots (even if there's no other sticks in B1 or B2), I get the annoying debug 45 code.

Is there any chance the latest BIOS update fixes this? Just curious before I try to RMA the board.

Thanks!

I upgraded my pro board with the latest bios with no results.

Nuts, thanks for the feedback tjohn. Did you return your board, or did you just resort to using 1 or 2 sticks of RAM in single channel mode?

As with any RMA, I'm nervous of a production problem that would suggest there's still a risk of this issue in a replacement board. So, I'm hesitant to send it back to NewEgg for a new one, not knowing if they have a supply that might still have this problem.

Well I don't have the Extreme board, I have the pro fatality model. I RMA'd the RAM first and I'll try setting it to something other than stock timings. If that doesn't work I'll be in touch with ASROCK

I RMA'd the MB, CPU, GPU, and RAM today. Not being 100% sure what the issue could be, I'm hoping a new set of these would solve the issue. I've been reading a lot of forums about the ASRock Z68 Pro Gen 3 MB and a lot of people are experiencing these issues. There are also some who haven't. I'm not sure if its the RAM that is causing issues, but if, and when, I receive my new parts, I will test out the set up and see if it runs the same. I'll keep you posted. If you do happen to find a solution to this issue, please pm me or email me. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by raulmh661 View Post
    I RMA'd the MB, CPU, GPU, and RAM today. Not being 100% sure what the issue could be, I'm hoping a new set of these would solve the issue. I've been reading a lot of forums about the ASRock Z68 Pro Gen 3 MB and a lot of people are experiencing these issues. There are also some who haven't. I'm not sure if its the RAM that is causing issues, but if, and when, I receive my new parts, I will test out the set up and see if it runs the same. I'll keep you posted. If you do happen to find a solution to this issue, please pm me or email me. Good luck.
    I will, good luck with you new parts. I though you had all 4 working at 1333 ??
    Last edited by tjohn; 10-07-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Looks like I found the source of my trouble - the CPU socket had two pins that were bent in a direction different from all the rest (apparently, the dual channel RAM feature is handled by a portion of the CPU, which explains why it thought two of the slots were bad). The bad pins weren't adjacent either, and I don't remember having trouble fitting the processor into the socket, so I don't believe I caused the problem. I wish I had known to look for that before even attempting to assemble my system, though - first-time builders take note! I tried unsuccessfully for an hour to put them into alignment with the rest, but they are so tiny that it's near impossible. I guess I'm going to try to RMA it to NewEgg now...

It makes me yearn for when I built my system using a 6600+ AMD processor that had pins on the CPU itself that were firmly in place - you simply dropped it into the socket which had holes for the pins. It was a piece of cake!

yes bent pins will cause memory problems due to the integrated memory controller,you can straighten them yourself if your very carefull with a fine sewing needle but take care not to damage any more pins or break them off,just so you know any mb will boot up with one stick of ram in either of the correct slot for 2sticks,test each ram module in those slots to confirm all ram modules are working if not the you could have a dead ram module,if all sticks are working and it boots up from both of the ram slots for 2sticks of ram but not the other two or three out of four slots then you could have a bent cpu socket pin,or a broken copper trace inside the mb due to mb twisting/flexing

its just as easy to bend/snap off an amd chip pin too
    Last edited by wazza300; 10-07-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, how did you happen to find that? I'm waiting for my new ram so I guess it won't hurt to remove my cpu and check things out this weekend. Thanks.

I happened across a post in some random discussion thread elsewhere that mentioned how the dual channel mode of the RAM slots are controlled and linked to part of the CPU via the CPU socket, and upon close inspection of my board, sure enough, two of the pins looked out of place. I did try to use a small needle like wazza suggested to put them back into place, but I'll be darned that the socket pins are so incredibly tiny that it was hard to see which way the rest of the pins were situated, let alone which way the bent pins were actually angled. The way the light reflected off the two pins differently was the only way I could tell that they were not right. After spending the better part of an hour trying to fix them, I gave up in fear that I'd accidentally break them off, and then I probably would in fact have trouble returning the board for an exchange.

The 1155 socket design is incredibly easy to break - I really wish they had a better warning on the removable socket cover stating that you should inspect the pins before doing anything with the board and that you need to be incredibly careful with the socket! I'm now going to be about two weeks without my system since I had to return my board, which is very disappointing after the initial thrill of getting all the new parts together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information