Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: More issues with USB 3.0 on Extreme7 Gen3

Exclamation More issues with USB 3.0 on Extreme7 Gen3

I posted earlier about problems with the USB 3.0 header, and Asrock responded and is sending me a replacement cable. Thank you ASRock, hopefully it helps because it's much more unstable using the USB 3.0 header compared to the motherboard ports.

However, now I am experiencing a problem with the same Calvary External USB 3.0 Raid storage device when plugged into a rear motherboard USB 3.0 socket.

When I plugged it in XFast USB of course will accelerate the USB 3.0 port, and I've tried it on Turbo and normal with the same result.

It'll copy for a half hour or so, then the Calvary device will drop the connection. Pulling the USB cable out and plugging it in does not reset the connection, I have to power off the external storage device and then power it on and then I hear Windows connect the USB device and the drive becomes available again.

This storage device works flawlessly when using a USB 3.0 PCI-e adapter so I know it's a compatibility issue between the motherboard and the storage device.

Help ASRock!

Default Re: More issues with USB 3.0 on Extreme7 Gen3

Ok more to this thread for sure.

I tried at least 3 times to copy via the USB 3.0, always disconnecting after a half hour or hour, then started fresh again after closing XFast USB.

I exited XFast USB, I was then able to copy my 1.68TB of data via the motherboard USB 3.0. I did get one disconnect of the USB 3.0 external raid storage when I removed my iPhone from the front panel USB 2.0 (using AppCharger port), but noted the file it bombed on, deleted it on the destination, then continued the copy to completion.

Clearly XFast USB has issues, as does USB in general if the 2.0 device could cause a 3.0 disconnect, but perhaps that's just the nature of a USB subsystem when a device is inherently unstable.
    Last edited by Undermoose; 10-03-2011 at 09:00 AM.

/bump

The issues are caused by the EtronTech USB 3.0 Host Controller.
    Update your mainboard's USB 3.0 drivers. There are new beta drivers on Asrock's site.
    http://europe.asrock.com/downloadsit...394.1)beta.zip

I can't guarantee you that the issues can be resolved by driver updates.
    Last edited by bat4; 10-17-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bat4 View Post
    The issues are caused by the EtronTech USB 3.0 Host Controller.
    Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 has ASMedia ASM1042 USB 3.0 controller:
    ASRock > Products > Z68 Extreme7 Gen3

Do you confirm "Undermoose"?
    Last edited by bahram_alinezhad; 10-19-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Thread Information