Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 Sata III ports not all working?

Default Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 Sata III ports not all working?

Hi All

I have an Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 Mobo and cannot seem to get any Sata III drives to work if I plug them into either Sata3_M1 or Sata3_M2. I have a Corsair Force 3 Sata III SSD in Sata3_0 and it works fine but I have two WD Caviar WD10EARX 1tb Sata3 HDD's in RAID 1 that I can only get the system to recognise at all if I plug them into any of the 4 Sata II ports. Consequently these drives are transferring at 3gb instead of 6gb. What am I doing wrong? How can I use all of the 4 Sata III ports this board has? Thanks in advance....and I dont mind being told I have been dumb :-)

Cheers....Saj

Default Re: Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 Sata III ports not all working?

Well this has been worth the effort...........

Default Re: Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 Sata III ports not all working?

I can't seem to get anything at all to be recognized by these ports as well (m1 + m2). And that's just one of this boards problems. They really shouldn't call a board Gen3 if that haven't even ironed out all the kinks...

I have two Corsair Force 3's in RAID 0 on the other two SATA III ports. Two WD HDD's hooked up to the SATA II ports, and two optical drives. I hate having to run my 6gbps SATA III drives in SATA II. It just took me 30 minutes to copy 150gb's from HDD to HDD :(

Thread Information