Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Extreme4 Gen3 PCIex1 Wireless adapter slow ...

Default Extreme4 Gen3 PCIex1 Wireless adapter slow ...

I just built a new system with the ASROCK Extreme4 Gen3 Z68 mobo. I am still using my old (reliable?) XFX Geforce 8800 GTS in Slot 2 (PCIeX16) and I have a Rosewill PCIex1 Wireless adapter. The OS is Windows 7 Home Prem. Bios is 1.00. CPU is Core I5-2500K with 8 Gig of Ram. Everything works. However ....

The Wireless internet speeds are off by a factor of 1/3 DL/1/10 UL (Download/Upload) speeds! It does not matter which PCIex1 I use! Same adapter in different machine yields nominal rate - so not a problem with adapter or wireless. (Using Speakeasy.net to test). I have not disabled the wired internet (can I?). Something is really wrong with the PCIe performance.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Extreme4 Gen3 PCIex1 Wireless adapter slow ...

Fixed --- Was not adapter or mobo - BUT XfastLAN (sp?) settings. The defaults caused very slow internet speeds on wireless or wired. Took off the adaptive packet filtering and lo and behold speeds fine. Case closed. (Thou Asrock XfastLAN users be warned - this s/w out of the box is more useless then useful)

Thread Information