Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: About Tri-Fire - Tri-Sli GPU setup on Extreme 7 Gen 3

Default About Tri-Fire - Tri-Sli GPU setup on Extreme 7 Gen 3

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to find the best way to fit my 3 graphic cards, but still haven't got the board.
    I've just checked the motherboard manual and it says that should use slots 1 - 4 - 7 for TRI-GPU configuration, but I was thinking maybe 2 - 4 - 6 so I have the same separation between the cards and can use the same type of "Water SLI Bridge" to connect them...

Question is, is there any known "problem" in using 2 - 4 - 6 instead of the recommended configuration by ASRock?

Also going 2 - 4 - 6 I plan to use the PCI-e soundcard at last slot... that would be perfect fit for me

Thanks.

Default Re: About Tri-Fire - Tri-Sli GPU setup on Extreme 7 Gen 3

I would guess that you probably won't get the recommended speeds? I received my third GTX580 two days ago, only to see that two of the fins on one fan broke off during shipping...waiting on RMA.

My issue is that the cards that I have, the ASRock SLI Bridges will not work with them at all...not enough height with the connectors...would much prefer the ribbon style bridges :/

Default Re: About Tri-Fire - Tri-Sli GPU setup on Extreme 7 Gen 3

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedBaggins View Post
    I would guess that you probably won't get the recommended speeds? I received my third GTX580 two days ago, only to see that two of the fins on one fan broke off during shipping...waiting on RMA.

My issue is that the cards that I have, the ASRock SLI Bridges will not work with them at all...not enough height with the connectors...would much prefer the ribbon style bridges :/

wow that's bad luck! Hopefully everything will be fine after the RMA :)
    Once you get the 3rd GTX580 could you run them with the 2 - 4 - 6 setup and compare that with ASRock recommended setup? That would be great

Thread Information