Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

Default ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

Hi.
    I have a problem with ASRock Z68 extreme4 gen3 rear panel eSATA conector. Transfer from external HDD starts ok, but then the speed goes way too slow and then whole system freezes until I turn off external drive. Or sometimes the drive disconnects itself. I tried two more ext4gen3 boards and it was all the same problem again. When I tried connecting ext. drive to SATA connection on the board it worked well. My external HD is 3,5" 2TB WD green caviar in ICY DOCK case.
    Also i have a problem with USB3.0 writing (from hard disk to usb stick) speed. It's always about 20 MB/s. Read speed is around 80 MB/s. I tried Etron drivers .104, .105. and 105.394.1. USB stick is Corsair Survivor 16GB. Also USB2.0 speeds are very low like 2-3 MBps.

Please if anyone can help me with these two things. Thanks.

Wink Etron EJ168A USB 3.0 Host Controller - Is it ready for the real world?

Regarding the USB 3.0:

You are lucky if the Etron driver does not cause random BSOD for you. See this thread: Solved Random BSOD Driving me crazy! - Page 8 - Windows 7 Forums
    Read this review about the Etron USB 3.0 Host Controller: http://www.hardcoreware.net/gigabyte...oard-review/9/ "Not only is it less reliable than the Renesas solution found on most boards, it is slower as well."
    See this Australian thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...?t=1785632&p=2
    See this review in which the Etron Controller produced slower speeds: Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Gen 2 32GB Flash Drive Review - Real World File Transfer Tests - Legit Reviews
    For NEC/Renesas it took several years to produce a stable and performant driver for its USB 3.0 host controller. How many years will we have to wait for Etron?

Try Etron driver 0.101.
    Last edited by marosy; 10-29-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Default Re: Etron EJ168A USB 3.0 Host Controller - Is it ready for the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by marosy View Post
    Regarding the USB 3.0:

You are lucky if the Etron driver does not cause random BSOD for you. See this thread: Solved Random BSOD Driving me crazy! - Page 8 - Windows 7 Forums
    Read this review about the Etron USB 3.0 Host Controller: http://www.hardcoreware.net/gigabyte...eview/9/Quote: "Not only is it less reliable than the Renesas solution found on most boards, it is slower as well."
    See this Australian thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...?t=1785632&p=2
    See this review in which the Etron Controller produced slower speeds: Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Gen 2 32GB Flash Drive Review - Real World File Transfer Tests - Legit Reviews
    For NEC/Renesas it took several years to produce a stable and performant driver for its USB 3.0 host controller. How many years will we have to wait for Etron?

Try Etron driver 0.101.
    I wish I knew that earlier, thanks.

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

Did you ever solve your problem with the eSata port on the back of the motherboard? I am having the same problem.

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

Hello,

I have the same problem with esata. When i use the back esata port the cpu goes to 100% and nothing happens. When i use the front panel connected directly on internal sata it's ok. Somebody have a solution ?

Regards.

I solved my problem with the back panel esata after I contacted ASRock support.

· Make sure that under the UEFI bios option storage configuration “Marvell SATA3 bootable” is set on Yes
    · Make sure the data and power cable are fully plug in on your eSATA HDD.
    This has worked for me.

Hello,

Thanks for the info.

I will try and post the result.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycros View Post
    I solved my problem with the back panel esata after I contacted ASRock support.

This has worked for me.
    Doesn't work. Still 100% CPU doing nothing.

I have AHCI Mode and bootable ON for marvell but still NOK.

When i unplug from the back and i plug in the front esata of the box that is directly plugged on SATA it's ok.

Do you change the bios version ?

Regards.

Thread Information