Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    croatia
    Posts
    4

    Default ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

    Hi.
    I have a problem with ASRock Z68 extreme4 gen3 rear panel eSATA conector. Transfer from external HDD starts ok, but then the speed goes way too slow and then whole system freezes until I turn off external drive. Or sometimes the drive disconnects itself. I tried two more ext4gen3 boards and it was all the same problem again. When I tried connecting ext. drive to SATA connection on the board it worked well. My external HD is 3,5" 2TB WD green caviar in ICY DOCK case.
    Also i have a problem with USB3.0 writing (from hard disk to usb stick) speed. It's always about 20 MB/s. Read speed is around 80 MB/s. I tried Etron drivers .104, .105. and 105.394.1. USB stick is Corsair Survivor 16GB. Also USB2.0 speeds are very low like 2-3 MBps.

    Please if anyone can help me with these two things. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    10

    Wink Etron EJ168A USB 3.0 Host Controller - Is it ready for the real world?

    Regarding the USB 3.0:

    You are lucky if the Etron driver does not cause random BSOD for you. See this thread: Solved Random BSOD Driving me crazy! - Page 8 - Windows 7 Forums
    Read this review about the Etron USB 3.0 Host Controller: http://www.hardcoreware.net/gigabyte...oard-review/9/ "Not only is it less reliable than the Renesas solution found on most boards, it is slower as well."
    See this Australian thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...?t=1785632&p=2
    See this review in which the Etron Controller produced slower speeds: Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Gen 2 32GB Flash Drive Review - Real World File Transfer Tests - Legit Reviews
    For NEC/Renesas it took several years to produce a stable and performant driver for its USB 3.0 host controller. How many years will we have to wait for Etron?

    Try Etron driver 0.101.
    Last edited by marosy; 10-29-2011 at 12:47 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    croatia
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Etron EJ168A USB 3.0 Host Controller - Is it ready for the real world?

    Quote Originally Posted by marosy View Post
    Regarding the USB 3.0:

    You are lucky if the Etron driver does not cause random BSOD for you. See this thread: Solved Random BSOD Driving me crazy! - Page 8 - Windows 7 Forums
    Read this review about the Etron USB 3.0 Host Controller: http://www.hardcoreware.net/gigabyte...eview/9/Quote: "Not only is it less reliable than the Renesas solution found on most boards, it is slower as well."
    See this Australian thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...?t=1785632&p=2
    See this review in which the Etron Controller produced slower speeds: Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Gen 2 32GB Flash Drive Review - Real World File Transfer Tests - Legit Reviews
    For NEC/Renesas it took several years to produce a stable and performant driver for its USB 3.0 host controller. How many years will we have to wait for Etron?

    Try Etron driver 0.101.
    I wish I knew that earlier, thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

    Did you ever solve your problem with the eSata port on the back of the motherboard? I am having the same problem.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

    Hello,

    I have the same problem with esata. When i use the back esata port the cpu goes to 100% and nothing happens. When i use the front panel connected directly on internal sata it's ok. Somebody have a solution ?

    Regards.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

    I solved my problem with the back panel esata after I contacted ASRock support.

    · Make sure that under the UEFI bios option storage configuration “Marvell SATA3 bootable” is set on Yes
    · Make sure the data and power cable are fully plug in on your eSATA HDD.
    This has worked for me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

    Hello,

    Thanks for the info.

    I will try and post the result.


    Regards.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 problem with eSATA controller and slow USB3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Lycros View Post
    I solved my problem with the back panel esata after I contacted ASRock support.



    This has worked for me.
    Doesn't work. Still 100% CPU doing nothing.

    I have AHCI Mode and bootable ON for marvell but still NOK.

    When i unplug from the back and i plug in the front esata of the box that is directly plugged on SATA it's ok.

    Do you change the bios version ?

    Regards.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •