Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asrock 990fx / AMD FX-8150 / Gskill 1866 ram posting issue

Lightbulb Re: Asrock 990fx / AMD FX-8150 / Gskill 1866 ram posting issue

Celicos,

You will not be able to run 1866 without raising the CPU/NB voltage, especially with 16gb. Do you have a black edition CPU?
    You are going to have to run 1866 with CPU/NB and HT @ 2800mhz or as close as you can get to this. You will have to raise the CPU/NB voltage for sure.

1. Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1866

2. Set CPU-NB Frequency to 2800MHz (DDR3-1866 / 2 = 933MHz, then x 3) CPU-NB Frequency should always be 3X DRAM bus frequency

3. Set timings to tCL 9 - tRCD 10 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24, or whatever your memory is rated for.

4. Set DRAM Voltage to 1.50V, or whatever your memory is rated for.

5. Most CPUs will need a CPU-NB Voltage boost of +0.10V, so if your default is 1.10V, set it to 1.20V

**Check out this link for other information about setting up 1866. However, just change the timings to your memory specifications as the requirements for setting it up are the same. AMD CPU + G.Skill DDR3-1600 - GSKILL TECH FORUM

Default Re: Asrock 990fx / AMD FX-8150 / Gskill 1866 ram posting issue

Set RAM to 1866.

Set nb multiplier to 2800 mhz.

Set timings and voltage for RAM/CPU-nb
    Still no luck :o

Increase your HyperTransport (HT) frequency to be equal to the CPU/NB of 2800mhz also.
    Increase your NB voltage to 1.2v.
    Increase your CPU/NB Voltage to 1.34v and HT voltage to 1.25 or so, then let me know if it will boot.

What model of RAM do you have? Is it a 16gb kit?

These are all within safe limits of voltage, but it seems your CPU is unstable with 16gb or RAM. If you are still having trouble after doing this, should do a Memtest on all your ram sticks to see if one of them isn't working properly or isn't up to spec.

-FathomX

Well now the ram timing tab is bugging out and keeps saying invalid range input when I try to adjust :o

Question Re: Asrock 990fx / AMD FX-8150 / Gskill 1866 ram posting issue

Strange.. Pull back the NB voltage to auto and HT back to 1.2v Leave everything else at the same settings and reboot.
    Are you trying to adjust ram timings manually?
    Last edited by FathomX; 11-23-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Additions with HT

I'm at work now but I have a strange feeling its my usb keyboard... I try to manually change ram timing it might try to spam a number and that's.why.it just pops up invalid range. I reported earlier in this thread about changing timings manually in bios causes the numbers to bug out now it seems stuck in that loop. I did notice when I went to shut.down the computer before leaving the caps lock light was blinking.

That is quite strange, but not unheard of. You could attempt plugging the keyboard into a different USB port. The one your using may be going out for some reason. If you still can't change bios settings, then might try a bios reset (take battery out of motherboard for 10 sec), then let the system bios default back to normal.

Just a thought. Keep me posted, i'll try to help where I can.
    -FathomX

Well so it kept bugging out even after swapping keyboards, resetting bios to default still kept saying invalid... Had to clear cmos to actually be able to adjust ram timings again :o

That is nothing i'm familiar with unfortunately. You might contact asrock about the issues to see if you can get a replacement board. What your describing doesn't sound good, and i'm out of ideas for the moment.

All right so just having a ps2 keyboard I can adjust CPU frequency and other timings without numbers randomly spamming :) still have the memory problem. When I try to OC the ram on boot it will fail to fail safe settings. Then when i try to adjust ram timings I keep getting invalid range over and over until I exit ram timings tab. It does this unless I reset the cmos(once it does it the initial time). Really seems like a bios corruption moreso than hardware but idk :/ thanks a lot for your input and advice though ^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information