Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: can anyone share thier working bios hdd settings for a 990fx extreme 4

Default can anyone share thier working bios hdd settings for a 990fx extreme 4

can anyone share thier working bios hdd settings for a 990fx extreme 4 as I am having issues trying to set up a sata hdd to my sata 3 ports and when I try to load win7 it doesnt reconise the hdd so need some help please??????

Does anyone have a tutorial to set up a hdd on the 990fx???? If so please post.

Default Re: can anyone share thier working bios hdd settings for a 990fx extreme 4

Dear legayrs,

Could you tell me which mode you want to install?

If you want to install OS in IDE mode, please kindly press "F9" to load BIOS default settings to install OS for testing.

If system still cannot recognize your HDD, please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Re-plug your HDD to try.
    2. Check the connector of power and SATA cable are installed correctly.
    3. Plug your HDD to other SATA ports to try.
    4. Change another SATA cable to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Default Re: can anyone share thier working bios hdd settings for a 990fx extreme 4

I can access the sata drive once in windows- I am currently running a ide hdd lol. I have got the latest bio update 1.30 but found it only displayed sata_4 and sata_5 ports in bios so i changed the sata drive to sata_5 port which showed up on bios but it wouldnt display the hdd when i tryed installing win7????????? Used default sata settings in bios(ide)

Dear legacyrs,

We did the test, but we cannot see the symptom.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Plug your HDD to other SATA ports to try.
    2. Re-format your HDD to try.
    3. If possible, please kindly change another SATA HDD to check whether the symptom still occur.

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Do you have any base settings as it asks for a driver for any large volume drives but it says that signed or unsigned 32 or 64 bit drivers are not supported when i use the drivers provided by the support cd and i cant continue with the os install.

Thread Information