Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatal1ty 990FX Professional NO BASS FROM ONBOARD SOUND!!!

Default Re: Fatal1ty 990FX Professional NO BASS FROM ONBOARD SOUND!!!

thanks for your reply but yeah i have tryed microsoft drivers too.

all three of my other computers i have here in my home are also realtek sound and they are all onboard and they all sound just fine.

this motherboard is newer then any of my other boards and it sounds the worst. like i said before i LOVE THIS MOTHERBOARD.

its just that ONE thing just bugs me really badly. thanks for all your replies. ps. i wish someone had the same problem so i know what to do about it.

im pretty possitive its just a defective onboard sound because i also have a problem with it making this scratchy sound when i log off too.

just as it logs off and the shutting down screen just gets ready to go black it makes that scratchy sound like a tv on the scrambled channel. defective sound card?

thanks again to all your help. Solo

^^ that soundslike the power saving,causing screeching or mb squeal,you can try turning off c1e,if that doesnt fix it turn off c3/c6 and or eist in the bios,could be a bios issue or bug with your poor sound,it takes a while for bios's to catch up,might be worth waiting for bios fix before you rma it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah ive tryed all drivers. no difference.

ill wait for some bios updates and if there isnt an update bios fix then i hope asrock will still replace if needed.

crossing my fingures on it just being a bios thing.

Randomly came across this forum..I was looking for anyone that was experiencing a high-pitch wine from this board, but instead came across this topic.

When I first built my system, I installed the on-board sound drivers and related software. The sound with the "basic" version of THX Studio was crap..I even paid $25 to upgrade to the pro Version that was on Creative's website, since the basic version that came with the board advertised it. The paid version added the THX Speaker or Sub option. This "Premium" Version of the software sounded HORRIBLE..no bass and just plain distorted and very low volume...I am using a 2.1 Logitech Z2300 speakers...and my cell phone put out better quality sound than the on-board sound of this Fata1ty board does.

I was previously using on my laptop, a Creative X-Fi HD USB sound card that uses THX TruStudio Pro...and that sounded AMAZING,,,the best card I had....So I installed that....BIG MISTAKE...BSOD like crazy...usb.sys...or Etron.sys.... Apparently this board and it's USB Controllers do not like USB Sound cards..(tried on both usb 2 and 3 ports.) Had to wipe and re-install OS. Yes, had current updates, drivers, and BIOS.

Ended up having to purchase a PCI-E sound card...glad I did..much happier now...but, if you don't have a slot free...then I can see your problem...aside from removing a card you already have in the case...and perhaps purchasing an external(usb) version of that device to replace it......but I don't know your setup or whatever...so...

Also, I keep hearing a high-pitch sound coming form the South-bridge of this board. It sounds something like a hard drive thinking or turning data, but at a higher pitch. I thought it was my power supply humming or something, but I replaced it with a different one and I am defiantly hearing this annoying noise from the board itself...in the case..not though the speakers or anything else. Do you notice it at all? I mostly hear it when the computer boots up and it is processing stuff, or when its just sitting there idle....I have mostly silent case, so it is really annoying me...I noticed the wine does go away when the processor is clocked down.

I am not to impressed with this board...The BIOS is UGLY compared to ASUS...looks like ASROCK made this bios interface in the 90's. Their tuning software is equally cheesy and tacky looking. Overclocking any amount results in computer doing an instant re-start with no warning or blue screen after approx 10 min of running Windows, no matter what settings used...even their Auto profiles. Running AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Black 3.3ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600.

Read mine and others review on NewEgg...: Newegg.com - ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional AM3&#43; AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb&#47;s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

heh let me let you in on a little secret those expensive creative cards ..... use realtek chips :)

you can find modified drivers on the net to turn your realtek chip into a full blown XFI
    like I did on my lowly A888B http://cl.ly/BWjg :)
    and yes everything works all the fancy "post processing" effects AND EAX extensions
    Last edited by onemoar; 11-05-2011 at 01:43 AM.

ok i did have problems with bsod and failing to boot and yada yada! well any ways to start here are my specs!

MotherBoard - AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional

CPU - Phenom II x6 3.3Ghz 1100T Thuban Black - clocked @ 4125Ghz Bus speed @ 250 core voltage 1.440 prime95 stable also had to up my cpu nb voltage to 1.3125 V - NB voltage is @ 1.145

CPU COOLER - Antec Kuhler h20 620

Ram - 16GB Gskill Sniper 1866 CL9 - clocked @ 2000 CL9 Timings 9-10-9-28-42-2T votage @ 1.610 Stable and FAST!

Hard Drive - 60GB Sata III OCZ SSD - set to AHCI in bios or rates only 7.4 in wei. and it will run at 7.9 set to AHCI.

Case Tower - Red n Black Antec Lanboy Air

PSU - 900 Watt Antec Gamer Series

Disk Rom - Lightscribe DVD RW

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium all updated.

ok now that being said i had problems gettin things to run at what i wanted them, BSOD, boot fails and so on. well all came down to the voltage! if you use the auto overclock by the % like the 5% 10% and so on up to 50% i still had to up the cpu voltage just alittle bit to run stable.

in all that just using the auto overclock runnin at what i got right now only put the core voltage at 1.400 and i had to up it to where it is now. also you have to up the CPU NB voltage too. just alittle bit tho. or just do alittle bit at a time and if you keep getting bsod then up alittle more. if it dont matter how much u change the voltage then it could be your ram not gettin the right amount of voltage.
    now if you up the cpu voltage too much you will know buy watching your temps too. if your temps are getting to high on your cpu and you have liquid cooling or good cooling then your voltage will raise the temp if its too high. keep in mind while overclocking this much will need better cooling or temps will raise and make you bsod cus of the heat. now i took ALOT of trial and error before i got mine stable.

now to get my ram at 2000 it runs better then at the 1866 like its suppose to. (will be easier once i upgrade to the bulldozer) ok now i had to put the ram at 2000 which is was already there after getting the cpu overclocked to what it is. and it wouldnt boot so i up the voltage alittle and then it booted so i knew i was goin the right way with the voltage so therefor i just kept uping it till i got it stable at 1.610V stable. passes mem test on windows 7 and prime 95. prime is more for cpu but does test ram too.

oh yeah not to forget the screechy sound out of the southbridge i also get. i didnt really notice seens i got bad hearing but i DO HEAR THAT. its mostly under load like if i use prime95 it really makes it whine! i have not figured a fix for this yet. i have been trying to mess with the bios to see if its a setting in there and its NOT C1 state or anything to do with that. i disabled mine right from the get go. oh yeah and to overclock you need to disable the cool and quiet or you will have nothing but problems and headaches. anyways other then the whining coming from the sb chip i have ****ty bass and thats hooked to my badd ass house stereo with two 12s and two 10s and usually BUMPS no matter what i got hooked to it. BUT NOT THIS MOBO! ****TY BASS FEATURES!!! i have NO OTHER ISSUES so far!

sorry if its hard to understand my writing and sorry if i jumped around alittle bit. but wayy too much to post. any questions that i can answer ill sure help anyone i can if i can! i know my **** bout computers but i still get stumped sometimes and still learning EVERYDAY! dont know why the mb temp shows what it does in the pic but it just started and ill get to that later. THANKS EVERYONE!
    SOLO
    Attached Images Attached Images Fatal1ty 990FX Professional NO BASS FROM ONBOARD SOUND!!!-system-png 

OH yeah dont got my new 5870 yet but ill be running 3 of them soon! DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY BIOS UPDATES past the 1.30?? i would like to try some beta bios too! so if anyone can find any new beta bios or compatible bios for this motherboard it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

ps. Runin the OLD 256 mb Asus Nvidia Geforce 8500GT TOP! (GOOD CARD FOR AN OLDER ONE!)

SOLO

lol he us using bus overclocking .....

Quote Originally Posted by onemoar View Post
    heh let me let you in on a little secret those expensive creative cards ..... use realtek chips :)

you can find modified drivers on the net to turn your realtek chip into a full blown XFI
    like I did on my lowly A888B Image 2011-11-04 at 1.41.56 PM.png :)
    and yes everything works all the fancy "post processing" effects AND EAX extensions
    That's for onboard X-Fi, not a dedicated card.
    My Rig
    CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE @ 4GHz
    RAD: Corsair H60 [2x Gentle Typhoon AP-15]
    MB: ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC
    SND: Asus Xonar Essence STX
    SSD: Cosair Force 3 60GB
    HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P
    CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Scout

Quote Originally Posted by LinkinMcOwnage View Post
    That's for onboard X-Fi, not a dedicated card.
    outside of the amp circuity there is not any difference
    there is no longer any capability todo "hardware processing" or "hardware volume" since vista..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information