Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fatal1ty 990FX Professional NO BASS FROM ONBOARD SOUND!!!

Default Re: Fatal1ty 990FX Professional NO BASS FROM ONBOARD SOUND!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onemoar View Post
    lol he us using bus overclocking .....
    lol this bus is the cpu frequency...needed for overclocking... you dont know about it do you?

clearly you fail to understand that a black edition chip doesn't need a bus overclock and its the bus overclock that's probably ****ing your audio up
    raise the multiplier up > add some voltage > away you go

200 x yourmuliplyer ammount = cpu speed
    so 200 x 20 = 4Ghz
    using bus overclocking ****s with everything else on the board and can cause major issues if pushed beyond 240 or so

go read a few posts on amd black edition overclocking
    Last edited by onemoar; 11-05-2011 at 11:01 AM.

i know that but you clearly dont understand that this hasnt always been overclocked and my sound has always been crappy.

sigh ... I am hesitant to help you have there your previous posts but what ever......

go though the check list below
    1. set the default format to 24bit/48000 or 96000 if you prefer
    2. make sure you are using LINE OUT( blue port) set the connector senseing to manual and manually select SPEAKER and not headphone settings in the realtek CP ( YES THIS MATTERS you are probably over driving your amp ) HEADphone setting = higher output with less base
    3. disable all the enhancements in the windows volume mix tor
    4. check your audio cables because it sounds like you have a bad connector or cable some ware ( underwater or tinn speaker sounding audio = bad cable / connector )
    5. disable the digital out
    try these drivers http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-dr...-mb-1-2-a.html
    Last edited by onemoar; 11-05-2011 at 11:14 AM.

just set back to stock clocks or load optimized defaults,then if its still crappy sound you know its a mb/bios issue or driver/sound card related
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u guys u guys... im tellin you it has been like that even stock! i know what im doing! its either a motherboard sound issue or bios problem and it could be in an upcoming bios. ITS NOT CUS ITS OC'D! it is perfectly stable and it is to show up there in the pics so stop trying to correct me. i have told you i can hook this up to any computer in my house with the SAME settings and its PERFECT! its NOT the way i got it hooked up or the cable or drivers or because its overclocked. the overclocking is PERFECT! the sound is NOT overclocked or STOCK...dont worry everyone i will just deal with it and await the bios updates. in the meenwhile i have already bought a new sound card. waiting to get it in the mail.

FYI your bus has to go up to get your ram speeds up... tell me that one! how else would i get my ram to read 2000?? hmm?
    Last edited by SoloStyle; 11-05-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Alright, let's start from the very beginning.

What are the exact motherboard models you used before? Exactly which audio chipset did they use? What driver version did you use?

Now compare that to what's on the Fatal1ty board. If it's a different chipset on the Fatal1ty, there's part of your problem. The driver version also matters. Some are better than others. Use the same one to eliminate a variable.
    My Rig
    CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE @ 4GHz
    RAD: Corsair H60 [2x Gentle Typhoon AP-15]
    MB: ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC
    SND: Asus Xonar Essence STX
    SSD: Cosair Force 3 60GB
    HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P
    CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Scout

Quote Originally Posted by SoloStyle View Post
    u guys u guys... im tellin you it has been like that even stock! i know what im doing! its either a motherboard sound issue or bios problem and it could be in an upcoming bios. ITS NOT CUS ITS OC'D! it is perfectly stable and it is to show up there in the pics so stop trying to correct me. i have told you i can hook this up to any computer in my house with the SAME settings and its PERFECT! its NOT the way i got it hooked up or the cable or drivers or because its overclocked. the overclocking is PERFECT! the sound is NOT overclocked or STOCK...dont worry everyone i will just deal with it and await the bios updates. in the meenwhile i have already bought a new sound card. waiting to get it in the mail.

FYI your bus has to go up to get your ram speeds up... tell me that one! how else would i get my ram to read 2000?? hmm?

I can testify that the on-board sound issue is present at stock/default settings and no matter what bios or OC/UC settings are used, it does not affect the on-board sound. The sound was horrible using the default Windows drivers, same with the drivers on the disk that came with the board, and even after updating sound drivers from ASROCK website, and updating BIOS to 1.1(what it came with) to 1.3. I don't think ASROCK has any BETA BIOS available for any other boards..

This leads me to think is must be more hardware related. I am not much a fan of any on-board sound cards, but this one definitively falls behind most I have used in the past...my $200 net-book on-board puts out better sound than the "high-end" on-board card on this board..

Quote Originally Posted by onemoar View Post
    clearly you fail to understand that a black edition chip doesn't need a bus overclock and its the bus overclock that's probably ****ing your audio up
    raise the multiplier up > add some voltage > away you go

200 x yourmuliplyer ammount = cpu speed
    so 200 x 20 = 4Ghz
    using bus overclocking ****s with everything else on the board and can cause major issues if pushed beyond 240 or so

go read a few posts on amd black edition overclocking
    I just bumped up my multiplyer amount to 18.5...didn't adjust anything else..now running at 3700mhz...still clocks up and down though... guessing that has something to do with AMD Cool and Quite...may be having that enabled is what was causing my instant re-starts when using the % based over clocking...

Personally, I don't see a need to boost a 6 core 3.3ghz to 4.2ghz or higher...unless you're doing something major that would benefit form such an increase..I am just a bit frustrated cause I have a older ASUS board with a Phenom II x3 in it and ASUS BIOS and their % percentage based as well as manual based OC options are easier and work perfectly...I wasn't expecting so much trouble from this board...didn't want to go with an ASUS after all the recent reported failures and the hell-ish customer service experience people are reporting recently...

Anyway....just case it helps..my specs:...copy..paste ..long list approaching...:

ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional AM3+ AMD 990FX AMD USB 3.0 Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

WD Caviar Black WD7502AAEX 750GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive (BOOT/OS)

CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Corsair Cooling Hydro-Series All-in-One High-Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60
    with 2x COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing PWM Fans (push/pull exhaust setup) attached

Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case

6x COUGAR CF-V12H Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan (4 on side panel-intake) (2 on top exhuast)

LG DVD Burner
    LG BluRay burner

WD Black 1tb 7200rpm SATA3 64mb cache HDD (Games Storage)
    WD 1tb HDD(Storage)
    Samsung 2tb HDD (Storage)

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1850 MCE Kit 1128 PCI-Express x1 Interface TV Tuner

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card powered by THX TruStudio Pro

Logisys Dual 12" UV Cold Cathode Light Kit

Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110
    Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse

HP 25 inch 2511x 1080p HD LED monitor 1920 x 1080 HDMI (Primary monitor)
    HP 19 inch f1903 LCD Monitor (secondary) DVI

Logitech Z2300 2.1 Speaker System
    Last edited by SpeedingCheetah; 11-05-2011 at 04:54 PM.

weird..I disabled the Cool and Quiet option in BIOS...now processor isn't clocking up and down(which i expected)...but I still notice that damn high-pitch wine..It goes away when under load.. (using AID64 Stability Test)..and wines like nuts when idle...BLAAA...

Only thing i can suggest at this point when it comes to the on-board sound issue is either to wait and hope its a driver/bios problem that may be fixed sometime(maybe)...,deal with the crappy sound or use an different sound card somehow...or replace the board for a different brand/model...I gave up on the sound issue...for now...bug the hell out of ASROCK...i don't know..

Just out of curiosity..did you try sound trough headphones...is it still crappy?...I never tried that...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information