Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 BSoD at idle

Default Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 BSoD at idle

Hi,
    after BD fiasco I got Z68 Extreme 4 Gen3 mobo, so first step in SB 2500K overclock for me. I am using LinX to test stability and ASRock eXtreme Tuner to change settings. First I did continuous RAM testing with Memtest and it's OK. My target overclock is 4.5GHz and that is easy achievable on Auto CPU voltage. Next step was to reduce core voltage to obtain the same overclock at maximum low voltage. I am using offset method for CPU voltage, with minus (-) voltage input. So CPU is stable @ 4.5GHz up to -0.05V and that is ~1.26V in LinX, but something odd happened - in idle offset voltage is too low for 1600Mhz and BSoD happened few times. It was nesesry to reduce voltage subtraction to -0.035V. Are there settings in BIOS, that can increase idle voltage, while keeping that gorgeous offset voltages under load?
    Last edited by A4i; 11-01-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Default Re: Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 BSoD at idle

OK. I did some extensive testing. It turns out that "CPU Load-Line calibration" option in BIOS is the main contributor to voltage increase when system is under heavy load. It is unwise to counter that much pumped voltage with offset vcore voltage subtraction, because BSoD can occur in idle - idle voltage too low for 1600Mhz. That's why I managed to obtain stability @4.5GHz with "CPU Load-Line calibration" at 5, and CPU Core voltage offset -0.025V. Core voltage in LinX benchmark is ~1.23V (max 1.232V), temp is ~68C. Some aditional testing is to be done for idle stability.
    Last edited by A4i; 11-03-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Thread Information