Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Extreme4 z68 Gen3 Multiplier issue

Default Extreme4 z68 Gen3 Multiplier issue

Hello. I recently acquired an ASrock z68 extreme4 gen3 motherboard that I am having an issue with. I am trying to overclock my i7 2600k chip and all has went well up to 4.5ghz (45x multiplier). If I try to increase the multiplier past 45, the machine will not post and I get a debug code of 70. I have seen others with the same issue (albeit at different multipliers), but have not seen a resolution. I really don't think the issue lies in my processor as I've had it to 5.0ghz in another board at a reasonable voltage.

Is there a new bios I can try to get above a 45 multiplier? My case is definitely not the norm, as through all my research when deciding which board to buy had reviewers getting very good overclocks with this board.

I am also experiencing the mouse inversion issue using 1.10 bios and my g400 mouse.

Default Re: Extreme4 z68 Gen3 Multiplier issue

Don't bother using 1.1 BIOS! It has lots of bugs. Revert to first edition 1.0.

Thread Information