Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: First time builder, need some assistance.

Default First time builder, need some assistance.

So I'm finally done putting my computer together, and trying to install Windows 7 (pro 64bit). I get to this part and it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." I have no idea how to get to the bios menu. I feel my solution is simple, I just don't know what it is lol.

Just in case any of this info is relevant

Asrock P67 Extreme 4, i5 2500k, geforce gtx 580.

Pretty new to all this. Be gentle! And thanks.

Default Re: First time builder, need some assistance.

On the boot up screen do you see an option to enter bios by pressing a key, normally delete

Code:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=option+to+enter+bios&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Some stuff pops up but it goes away too fast to see what it is, then it tells me to put in a bootable disc.

Tried delete and F2 so far and didn't get a result. I'll try some more when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeganja View Post
    Some stuff pops up but it goes away too fast to see what it is, then it tells me to put in a bootable disc.

Tried delete and F2 so far and didn't get a result. I'll try some more when I get home.
    As the bios is v quick the best bet is to hold down the F2 key more or less straight after turning on, and dont let go until you are in to the bios - works for me.

Mark

Okay so none of those work. I did the reset CMOS thing. Holding down a key still doesn't get me to BIOS though. But it says BIOS defaults were loaded, and it lets me go into this setup thing.

Okay looks like that was the bios I got into lol. And For some reason it wanted me to press the keys instead of holding the keys.

Now it said to make sure the controller is enabled. Thought I found that but it's still not working.

edit: aaaaand it looks like i fixed it. Apologies for the mostly unnecessary thread ;(
    Last edited by jaeganja; 11-03-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeganja View Post
    Okay looks like that was the bios I got into lol. And For some reason it wanted me to press the keys instead of holding the keys.

Now it said to make sure the controller is enabled. Thought I found that but it's still not working.

edit: aaaaand it looks like i fixed it. Apologies for the mostly unnecessary thread ;(

Glad to hear you have got yourself sorted out.If you get stuck you know where to find us. Lol

Thread Information