Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock TSD- Emily Need Your Help

Default Asrock TSD- Emily Need Your Help

Asrock Extreme4 Z68 , Bios Ver. 1.7, Western Digital Hard Drive 1 TB, 16gb Corsair Vengence 9 9 9 24 1T, Windows 7 64 bit , two EVGA GTX470 video cards in SLI, 750 watt Pwr Sup. , Thermatake Bigwater 760 plus water cooling system for the GPUS , Corsair H100 water cooler for the CPU, one Patriot 64gb SSD Drive in raid 0 for SRT CPU 2600K 4.4ghz . My Two EVGA GTX-470 video cards keep losing the driver apon reboot every time !! Pls look at my post titled Asrock Extreme4 Keeps Losing Video Driver On Reboot for further details . And I am running the current 285.62 driver from Nvidia , but have tried other drivers before this one and the same thing occurs. I also have diabled IGN in the BIOS for onboard graphics,...and uninstalled the Intel onboard graphic driver as well , along with Vertu driver to see if that was causing a conflict , but it still keeps losing the Nvidia driver on reboot just the same . Any help would be greatly welcomed !! TY Blackhawk .

Default Re: Asrock TSD- Emily Need Your Help

Dear blackhawkxlh,

We test two EVGA GTX 470 VGA card and install Nvidia driver ver285.62, but we cannot duplicate this issue.
    We enable SLI, do Windows update and reboot the system for 10 times, system works without any problem.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions to try.
    1. Load BIOS default settings to try.
    2. Only install one VGA card by turns to check whether the symptom still occur and two VGA cards are fine.
    3. If possible, please kindly insatll two VGA cards to another system to check whether the symptom still occur.
    4. If possible, please kindly re-install your OS to try.

If any question, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

TY Emily for your response, I think at this point the only other option is a clean install . Asrock support also contacted me and said what you told me that they had tested with two GTX-470's and had no problem. The only thing I noticed that was different in their test set up was , they were using BIOS ver. 1.4, and mine is ver. 1.7 . I don't know if that makes a difference, just happened to notice that . But TY so much for the help , and I will try your first three suggestions before I wipe the drive and reinstall Windows ! TY, Blackhawk

Dear blackhawkxlh,

Thanks for your detail reply.

Plesae kindly do above suggestions to try and hope your system can works well.

If need, we also can do the test with BIOS P1.70 for you.

Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Emily, I would be curious to see what results you get with the BIOS Ver. 1.7 , and the Two GXT-470's in sli, if it's not to much trouble . If you can't recreate the same problem I'm experiencing,than that tells me that it's definitely my OS missing either the standard Windows video driver thats needed before any dedicated video driver is installed, or the INF chipset driver is corrupt !! In either case if it's not to much trouble,....that would seal the deal for what I need to do !! TY again so much for your help and trouble !! Blackhawk

Dear Emily, My problem is now solved !!! I took you suggestion to reset BIOS to default settings, and "walla"... working like a champ now !!! The card are seen, and working in SLI with my Nvidia settings apon reboot every time now !!! I,... like every one else from time to time , with a new build , get tunnel vision , and forget the obvious things to try first !!! So once again , TY and your team for your efforts and advice !!! Yours, Blackhawk

Thread Information