Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Blank Screen issues with 4 sticks of RAM

Question ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Blank Screen issues with 4 sticks of RAM

Hello! Please help me!

The Hardware:
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU (no overclock)
    4x2GB G.Skill F3-12800CL6-2GBXH DDR3-1600
    ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 (two monitors)
    COOLERMASTER Silent Pro Gold 600W PSU

4GB system:
    Any combination of two DDR3 in any slots on mobo (A1+B1 or A2+B2) is works well in dual-channel mode, the system is runs perfect.
    All four DDR3 are good, all four slots are good.
    It works with both default (CL9) and Extreme Memory Profiles (CL6) too.

8GB system:
    All four DDR3 are installed, power on... and screens stays blank, no signal comes out from video card.

After I cleared CMOS the situation is same: blank screens, no signal.
    The Dr.Debug codes are different on every try of startup the system:
    39, 3A, 59... etc.
    I updated the BIOS from 1.0 to 1.1, but it not helps: blank screens, no signal.

The goal:
    8GB RAM in dual-channel mode, and use my discrete video card.

What can i do? What is the problem with this config?
    (sorry for bad english)

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Blank Screen issues with 4 sticks of RAM

UP!
    Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    UP!
    Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem?
    I have found that taking the memory out and putting it back in sometimes allows me to get passed the error code 45. Have you found anything more out about this or is your system exhibiting new faults since?

Have you tried connecting your monitor ie DVI or HDMI cable to the IGU as opposed to the Discrete Graphics Card to SEE if at least the UEFI displays on the screen when connected to the IGU?
    If you do have access to the UEFI then write down what your memory settings are and exit to see if it will boot into windows.

If that does not work at all and you still have a black screen then try disconnecting your A/C to your PSU hit the start button to empty any voltages held in capacitors then follow your manual to reset the CMOS by sliding the jumper cap per your manual since maybe the button CMOS reset did not work and SEE if that works...
    Post back on what you discovered
    SaphireX
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Is the Ram overclocked? if it is make sure the setting are changed back in you Bios ,also make sure there all the way down another thing you could do is try 1 stick at a time if you can get your system to boot up run memtest......just some ideas for you to try

Open DRAM configuration in BIOS (OC Tweaker page). Set all settings to Auto and load XPM Profile 1, if any XMP profile is present. Else do the same b but set DRAM Frequency to 1600MT manually. Then look what is your advised DIMM voltage and set it's proper value in OC Tweaker - Voltage Control - DRAM Voltage.

Asrock p67/z68 can be very trciky with 4 sticks but ones they start to work they are working ok. Try installing one stick at the time and boot with 1,2,3 and 4. Only way i get 4 sticks to work on my p67 fat...

Thread Information