Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68 7 gen 3 Dr. debug error code P0

Unhappy Z68 7 gen 3 Dr. debug error code P0

(New to Tweaktown) Brand new build this very day. I turned it on , entered UEFI checked the settings and loaded windows 7 64. All was fine until I started loading the Asrock drivers. After the first automatic reboot, it is stuck on the welcome screen with a dr.debug code P0 Powered down disconnected every thing tried the clear cmos button, removed and replaced the battery but still stuck Help please

Thanks,

Z68 extreme 7 Gen3
    intel 2700K
    Sapphire radeon HD 6970
    16 Gig Kingston DDR3 @1600
    Dual WD 1TB Sata3 HD's
    Seasonic Platinum 1000

Default Re: Z68 7 gen 3 Dr. debug error code P0

Hi raptor1

Did you by chance d/l and flash the latest UEFI verion from the Asrock site?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...e7 Gen3&o=BIOS

If not I recommend that you do that after flashing load defaults save and exit then re-enter the UEFI and make whatever changes you need for your system.
    Since you are running 16 Gig Kingston DDR3 @1600 set XMP profile if they are supported if not then you might need to manually set timings and/or voltages and by all means run Memtest86 from a USB stick (read the steps how to create a bootable USB or CD) to test your memory...

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

If everything goes well then go back into windows and try running the ASrock CD again

Please post back with your findings...

SaphireX
    Last edited by SaphireX; 11-06-2011 at 06:49 AM. Reason: add text
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Hey Saphire,

Thanks for the tip. As it turns out I installed the PS2 bracket, swapped out the keyboard and mouse and all was well. I did flash the latest Bios although I had to do it three times before it was successful. I'm sure i'll post other issues soon.

Thanks

Raptor1

Sorry,

I forgot the X

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1 View Post
    Hey Saphire,

Thanks for the tip. As it turns out I installed the PS2 bracket, swapped out the keyboard and mouse and all was well. I did flash the latest Bios although I had to do it three times before it was successful. I'm sure i'll post other issues soon.

Thanks

Raptor1
    I don't think you got a P0. You're looking at it upside down. You got a 0d. The code is Hex... so, it can't be P0. Having said that, do you have a wireless keyboard? If so, try booting with a wired keyboard. If I use a wireless keyboard and have to reboot, I get the 0d.

Good luck
    Ed

Thanks Ed,

I looked at it four different ways and it looked best as D0. Yes i do use a MS elite wireless keyboard & mouse. The only problem now is the mouse doesn' t function in the UEFI environment but I get around the old fashion way (keyboard). The next challange is My PCI-E REVO. I see some questions on here about bus lane speed, and will wait untill there solved.

Thanks again

raptor1

Thread Information