Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: no output to 2nd display

Default no output to 2nd display

This is probably around the 40th (or so) system I've built so still a relative noob. Have wlfdale 1333 (the first/original release) on 2x1gb ddr w/ sata and Ide burners and drives (1 of each on each type of connection) Audigy 2 ZS, and a asus EN7300GS/HTD 256mb. the card knows a TV is plugged in on the S-video but windows doesn't give the 2nd display option in settings. an image never appears on the TV when going through the nvidia wizard (sony WEGA), I've tried using a pair of VGA to RGB adapters I have kicking around on a different system and doubt they are in proper functioning condition, I think the issue is with the "hybrid tech" (the integrated intel graphics and the nvidia card "together" cpu is OC'd from 3.0 3.75 on stock cooling and voltage, and staying reasonably cool

Default Re: no output to 2nd display

Well, more and more are incoherent these days but let's decipher what you wrote...
    The S-Video connector is connected to the Asus 7300GS card, right?
    Which version of Windows do you use and what Nvidia drivers version?
    Motherboard manufacturer and model?
    If the motherboard has a on-board video you can disable it from BIOS.

The board is an asrock wolfdale 1333. ddr2-667. and the bios options for the graphics are 'DVMT, DVMT + Fixed, or Fixed, you can tell it which is "primary" adapter(onboard, pci, pci-e) but there is no on off for onboard GPU, nor do I find anything allowing the turn off of the"hybrid" function mentioned on the ASROCK site. this board is the 945

Quite an old board, have you updated to latest BIOS version? Also you haven't provided which version of Windows do you use and Nvidia drivers. The Hybrid Booster is for CPU.
    You have to search in BIOS something like On-board to PCI Express when it comes to video options.
    Can you post some screen shots with BIOS menus?

Thread Information