Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 several problems

Default Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 several problems

First problem: boot process going through 3-5 reboot in cicle. After, stop on code 70. Help only full power switch off, because nor reset, nor power-off switch don't works (but both alight). INTEL screen say that this situation is after some unsuccessful booting cycles.

Second: After random time (5min - 2 hours) disappearing network connection. LED on card OK, ping to 127.0.0.1 works. Helps rebooting.
    I'm on beta BIOS 1.21A. Helped on other problems, but followings left.

Thx in advance

Default Re: Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 several problems

Quote Originally Posted by audrius View Post
    First problem: boot process going through 3-5 reboot in cicle. After, stop on code 70. Help only full power switch off, because nor reset, nor power-off switch don't works (but both alight). INTEL screen say that this situation is after some unsuccessful booting cycles.

Second: After random time (5min - 2 hours) disappearing network connection. LED on card OK, ping to 127.0.0.1 works. Helps rebooting.
    I'm on beta BIOS 1.21A. Helped on other problems, but followings left.

Thx in advance
    Not sure if I am understanding your problem quite correctly, but are you saying that you have to power off by the power supply switch or turn off at the mains to get a re boot?
    and are you also saying that when you get this code 70, and you have to power off that the power switch and re set switches on the case do not work but both are lit up? both at the
    same time or individually lit up when you press them?

As for code 70 - please see this link - although I am not sure how enlightened you will be afterwards:
    BIOS Debug Code table - hwbot.org

It appears it is something to do with PCH - poss cpu here as well - others more knowledgeable than me will prob chime in here - if not try e mailing tech support on here.
    As for the network problem - not sure - are you using on board Nic or a seperate card, if a card can you test on another machine to rule out a problem with the card etc.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Yes, full power off (power switch), because without this, motherboard nor switch "on", nor "reset" don't works.
    "reset BIOS" work, but .. to many trouble after :). Code "70" after standard boot procedure after "soft switch on" with switch button or after windows "switch off".
    This is main existing problem: on day windows down, next day you must switch off power switch only after you can go through some EFI cycles. After that you have successful boot.
    Without power switching off, EFI hangs on code "70". I'm checked manual about "code 70" but .. no idea. CPU (i5-2500K) tested on some others MB - in all no problem found. Bad MB? But after that "dance with shaman drum" all works.

Network - onboard. This same problem on both NIC controllers. Also tried drivers from Broadcom site. Better, but problem left (connection disappears once per day).

I have a similar issue with my board. This is a brand new Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 motherboard and Intel i& 2600k CPU install about 3 weeks ago so everything is new.

I boot the system and 3 seconds later, it shuts off. Another 3 seconds later it restarts for another 3 seconds and shuts of again. It does that in the same fashion a couple more times, then stops on error code 70. I have no power to the mouse, keyboard or monitors. Power button restarts it no problem and works fine afterwards. The Dr Debug code provided in my mb book says: South Bridge DXE initialisation has started. I'm amazed that it started but what the heck does that mean? I would say that this happens about 3 out of 10 times on boot.

I also have a problem with BSOD mostly when i play games (BF3). I re-installed windows 7 Enterprise in another partition in dual boot and got it right away after i finished installing it, plus it also BSOD on the reboot before it was fully booted. That partition had nothing but Windows 7 Enterprise on it.

Someone suggested this but that would mean dismantlling my entire system to check it out...
    Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3
    Intel i7 2600k
    Zalman CNPS9700 NT Heatsink/fan
    16 Gb Patriot PC3-16000
    2 x 1Tb WD Black Edition drives
    1 OCZ 60 Gb SATA III Solid State Drive (Boot drive)
    Thermaltake ToughPower 850 PSU
    Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case
    XFX Radeon HD 6870 Black edition (dual fan)
    XFX Radeon HD 6870 (dual fan)
    1 x 24 inch Viewsonic
    2 x 19 inch Viewsonic
    Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Possible causes:
    Poor cable connections.
    Incorrect memory settings and/or voltages.
    Power supply incompatibility and/or partial failure.

Possible solutions:
    Verify that all cables are securely connected.
    Boot with only one memory module installed.
    Test with another power supply brand/model.

Sometimes you need to test with your motherboard sitting beside your computer case with the board sitting on a cardboard box.
    Do NOT place an anti-static bag under your motherboard.

@audrius
    We can best help you when you include a detailed hardware list in your forum signature.
    This will cut down on possible errors and let us pinpoint the problem much sooner.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by T-J Steele View Post
    I have a similar issue with my board. This is a brand new Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 motherboard and Intel i& 2600k CPU install about 3 weeks ago so everything is new.

I boot the system and 3 seconds later, it shuts off. Another 3 seconds later it restarts for another 3 seconds and shuts of again. It does that in the same fashion a couple more times, then stops on error code 70. I have no power to the mouse, keyboard or monitors. Power button restarts it no problem and works fine afterwards. The Dr Debug code provided in my mb book says: South Bridge DXE initialisation has started. I'm amazed that it started but what the heck does that mean? I would say that this happens about 3 out of 10 times on boot.

I also have a problem with BSOD mostly when i play games (BF3). I re-installed windows 7 Enterprise in another partition in dual boot and got it right away after i finished installing it, plus it also BSOD on the reboot before it was fully booted. That partition had nothing but Windows 7 Enterprise on it.

Someone suggested this but that would mean dismantlling my entire system to check it out...
    thats alot of hardware in your sig,what vtt voltage are you using? and dram voltage? stock clocks or overclocked? seems to me like you need a bit more vtt voltage,no higher than 1.2v id say between 1.1v and 1.15v, set dram voltage according to your ram probably 1.5v
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi audius

If you are sure that you connected the headers from the power switch, reset ect correctly and did not accidentily reverse the polarity then something is shorting out the board. Double-check the polarity connections on those switches as well as double-check to make sure that you installed all of the standoffs for the board properly and that it is not grounding out in your case. Other than that it sounds like you got the draw of a bad board...Be real careful when you remove the CPU from the socket to avoid bending any pins!

Quote Originally Posted by audrius View Post
    Thanks Mark.

Yes, full power off (power switch), because without this, motherboard nor switch "on", nor "reset" don't works.
    "reset BIOS" work, but .. to many trouble after :). Code "70" after standard boot procedure after "soft switch on" with switch button or after windows "switch off".
    This is main existing problem: on day windows down, next day you must switch off power switch only after you can go through some EFI cycles. After that you have successful boot.
    Without power switching off, EFI hangs on code "70". I'm checked manual about "code 70" but .. no idea. CPU (i5-2500K) tested on some others MB - in all no problem found. Bad MB? But after that "dance with shaman drum" all works.

Network - onboard. This same problem on both NIC controllers. Also tried drivers from Broadcom site. Better, but problem left (connection disappears once per day).
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Hi Chief and thanks for the reply

I don't really know what cables you could be referring to. All power cables are fine. I had to remove the MB out of the case completely a couple times to add or change things around, (added CPU fan, and cable management) reconnected everything. It's like i mentioned before, it's not a constant thing. It's fine for a few days then it happens again with the reboot, then it's fine again for a bit...

I just placed the order for some ram and i'll test with one chip at a time once i have received them just to make sure they are ok but the do register fine in the BiOS as well as in windows CPU-Z.

As for the voltages, nothing is overclocked and register with the correct values as specified by Patriot and Intel for the CPU. Most features such as Advanced Turbo 50, Load optimized CPU OC Settings and Intel SpeedStep are disabled. Intel Hyperthreading is enabled and that's the only changes i made in the BiOS. Using the AXTU utility, i bring the CPU Ratio down from 48 to 40 and that seems to take care of the BSOD problem i also have but i doubt this has anything to do with the reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    Possible causes:
    Poor cable connections.
    Incorrect memory settings and/or voltages.
    Power supply incompatibility and/or partial failure.

Possible solutions:
    Verify that all cables are securely connected.
    Boot with only one memory module installed.
    Test with another power supply brand/model.

Sometimes you need to test with your motherboard sitting beside your computer case with the board sitting on a cardboard box.
    Do NOT place an anti-static bag under your motherboard.
    Last edited by T-J Steele; 02-16-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    Intel i7 2600k
    16 Gb Patriot PC3-16000
    1 x 24 inch Viewsonic
    2 x 19 inch Viewsonic

Hi wazza

i do agree there is a bit of goodies in the case but that's why i have the Thoughpower 850 from Thermaltake - lol.

I didn't change any of the settings. I only setup hyperthreading and Windows did the rest, bringing the CPU speed up from the 3.4 to 4.8. I thought this was a bit much so i lowered it to 4.0.

The vtt voltage is at 1.059 v (as set by the BiOS or the MB or something)
    DRAM Voltage is at 1.650 v (as per Patriot)
    CPU Ratio is set down from 48 to 40 for a CPU Speed of 4000.00Mhz

I don't want to think the problem is with a faulty mb, but before i start changing the case and the power supply and other goodies, i would like to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    thats alot of hardware in your sig,what vtt voltage are you using? and dram voltage? stock clocks or overclocked? seems to me like you need a bit more vtt voltage,no higher than 1.2v id say between 1.1v and 1.15v, set dram voltage according to your ram probably 1.5v
    Intel i7 2600k
    16 Gb Patriot PC3-16000
    1 x 24 inch Viewsonic
    2 x 19 inch Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by T-J Steele View Post
    Hi wazza

i do agree there is a bit of goodies in the case but that's why i have the Thoughpower 850 from Thermaltake - lol.

I didn't change any of the settings. I only setup hyperthreading and Windows did the rest, bringing the CPU speed up from the 3.4 to 4.8. I thought this was a bit much so i lowered it to 4.0.

The vtt voltage is at 1.059 v (as set by the BiOS or the MB or something)
    DRAM Voltage is at 1.650 v (as per Patriot)
    CPU Ratio is set down from 48 to 40 for a CPU Speed of 4000.00Mhz

I don't want to think the problem is with a faulty mb, but before i start changing the case and the power supply and other goodies, i would like to make sure.
    well with 16gb of ram you would need more vtt voltage for sure,atleast 1.15v maybe more but no more than 1.2v on sb,and your dram voltage should be no higher than 1.5750v on sb too,or else it can damage your cpu

you have plenty power i meant hardware wise its alot of things to take into account when or if your on auto voltages ect
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information