Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Extreme3 Gen3 - VIRTU

Default Asrock Extreme3 Gen3 - VIRTU

Mobo comes whit program called VIRTU wich is i asume is ment to get all the benefits from my setup.
    So i have
    Asrock Extreme3 Gen3
    Intel 2500k
    and Asus HD 6950 Direct CU II 2gb GDDR5

Problem is that even when i have all the newest drivers isntalled for Mobo, GPU... Virtu comes up whit error message like
    "Canīt run whit current GPU configuration"
    I havent updated BIOS (or UEFI as it is in this Mobo) so BIOS is 1.0 version.
    There was something about (in other topics) enabling d-mode or i-mode in BIOS(from advanced->) but i cant see that kind of feature in BIOS.
    Would updating BIOS great that kind of feature in there?

And that monitor thing is enabled at BIOS

And d-mode is where i would be heading to.
    Any way i could get my Virtu back up and running?

Default Re: Asrock Extreme3 Gen3 - VIRTU

Vastapallo,

I ran into the same problem setting up my new build. I'm no expert but my problem occured when I had one video cable coming of the motherboard
    and another cable coming off of my video card. You can only use one or the other otherwise VIRTU get confused. I-mode is when your connected to the motherboard video out and D-Mode is when you are connected to you video card. Give it a try and let me know how it turned out.

Raptor1

ASRock Extreme7 Gen3
    Intel 2700K
    Daphire 6970 2 Gig

Quote Originally Posted by Vastapallo View Post
    Mobo comes whit program called VIRTU wich is i asume is ment to get all the benefits from my setup.
    So i have
    Asrock Extreme3 Gen3
    Intel 2500k
    and Asus HD 6950 Direct CU II 2gb GDDR5

Problem is that even when i have all the newest drivers isntalled for Mobo, GPU... Virtu comes up whit error message like
    "Canīt run whit current GPU configuration"
    I havent updated BIOS (or UEFI as it is in this Mobo) so BIOS is 1.0 version.
    There was something about (in other topics) enabling d-mode or i-mode in BIOS(from advanced->) but i cant see that kind of feature in BIOS.
    Would updating BIOS great that kind of feature in there?

And that monitor thing is enabled at BIOS

And d-mode is where i would be heading to.
    Any way i could get my Virtu back up and running?

Thanks for the info but didnt work, only getting black screen "no signal".

Would it be a problem when i only have VGA (i have adapter to fit it in DVI port) and DVI-D inputs in my Screen and Discrated card has DVI-D and Displayports in it not VGA..
    So would it make it to work if i would get a new screen Where it has Display ports in it not VGA (or another wire where it has VGAat another end and display port at another if thats plausible..)? Where it has Display ports in it not VGA?

It shouldn't make a difference if you use a video adapter. You need to go into the UEFI/Advanced/North bridge and make sure your settings are correct.

Depending on which video out (cable connected to) you are using (Motherboard or Video Card) Make sure you select which primary Graphics Adapter you want to boot first. You wanted to end up in D-Mode which is using your Video Card output connectors. Then you should make sure you select PCI Express as you first graphics boot device.

Make sure you load the onboard video drivers from your installation disk and load the drivers from your video card installation disk, Then load VIRTU !!! You didn't mention what software version
    you are using. I am using windows 7 64 bit and if I disable IGD multi-monitor, I get the same message ( Can't run VIRTUwith the current GPU configuration).

I hope this helps

These are the settings for your board :

Low MMIO Align
    Low MMIO resources align at 64MB/1024MB. The default value is [1024M].
    VT-d
    Use this to enable or disable Intel
    Ū VT-d technology (IntelŪ VirtualizationTechnology for Directed I/O). The default value of this feature is [Disabled].
    Primary Graphics Adapter
    This allows you to select [Onboard], [PCI] or [PCI Express] as the bootgraphic adapter priority. The default value is [PCI Express].
    Onboard VGA Share Memory
    This allows you to set onboard VGA share memory feature. The defaultvalue is [Auto]. Con guration options: [Auto], [32MB], [64MB], [128MB],[256MB] and [512MB].
    Render Standby
    Use this to enable or disable Render Standby by Internal Graphics Device.The default value is [Enabled].
    IGD Multi-Monitor
    Use this to enable or disable IGD Multi-Monitor by Internal GraphicsDevice. The default value is [Enabled]. For Windows
    XP / XP 64-bit /VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit users, if you plan to install the PCI Express graphicscard for video output, please set this item to [Disabled] to disable the
    onboard VGA in advance.

Well its too bad that i cant tell you if i could get my VIRTU work cause i cant get "signal" to my monitor when i plug it into Discrate video card
    But i think that it would work, ill reinstall all drivers (maybe windows too) ones again and if after that it doesnt work ill send it back to the store where i bought it.

And yes im using Windows 7 Home prerium

Yeah i got it fixed..
    My videocard wasnt connected to PSU, it was but it had gotten it self intact somehow. Plug in power to the videocard and here we go again :)
    So everything is working now just well, d-mode o/

Thanks for your help anyway :)

Thread Information