Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: z68 Professional Gen3 help! won't boot after setting AHCI -- funky Legacy USB issue?

Default z68 Professional Gen3 help! won't boot after setting AHCI -- funky Legacy USB issue?

This is a fresh install on a new build. I'm getting error code A6 on Dr. Debug after booting up. I have my boot drive set to my Crucial M4 256GB SSD. I have both the M4 and a Seagate drive hooked up to the Intel SATA3 ports. My blue ray drive is hooked up to SATA2_5 port.

I set the SATA mode to AHCI in the UEFI and make sure my boot order has the cd rom drive set 1st. When it reboot, it takes me right back to the UEFI boot selection screen. So frustrating! I was googling and playing around with the BIOS, and found that when I disable Legacy USB support, the box boots up fine. However, this is a really huge PITA because my keyboard and mouse do not work, and I find this unacceptable. Is there a new BIOS out that fixes this problem? Are there any work arounds that exist? The UEFI version is z68 Professional Gen3 P1.30

Thanks

Default Re: z68 Professional Gen3 help! won't boot after setting AHCI -- funky Legacy USB iss

Update:

I have a Razer Black Widow keyboard and a Logitech G700 gaming mouse. When both components are removed, the computer boots up and prompts me to press a key to boot from CD. When the keyboard is the only component plugged in, I get past the UEFI boot screen. It looks like the problem is with the mouse -- any idea on how to fix this? Whenever I have the mouse plugged in (and I've tried different jacks on the motherboard) my boot process gets stuck at the boot selector screen.

Thanks!

Default Re: z68 Professional Gen3 help! won't boot after setting AHCI -- funky Legacy USB issue?

Greetings,

I had the same problem, I build my new rig this week and my usb keyboard would not work because of messing with legacy.

What I did was use a Ps2 keyboard and mouse to get back into the bios and reset it.

Also after installing win7 I went back and tried to set bios for raid, which it did not work, would load up and then would see a blue screen with nuimbers and crash. I ended up changing bios setting and reinstalling win7.

What ever you do you must set the setting that you like from that start before installing windows.

I hope this helps, GL.

Thread Information