Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AsRock Fatal1ty 990 FX Professional BAD DIMM SLOT? 3RD Slot...

Angry AsRock Fatal1ty 990 FX Professional BAD DIMM SLOT? 3RD Slot...

ok i have 16GB of 1866 Gskill Sniper CL9 Ram and the mobo in the title.

the problem is i think the 3RD dimm slot is bad because when i put my ram sticks in one @ a time to run tests on them i tryed every stick by its self in every slot and no errors until i hit the 3RD slot and no matter what ram stick i put in the 3RD slot it will give me errors and none of the other slots have any errors with any of the ram so i know its not the ram.

i have all bios settings perfect and all to specs and i thought it could be a voltage problem but its @ 1.5v and if there is only one ram stick in then there would be no reason to up the voltage but i tryed it anyways just alittle bit @ a time i upped the voltage and as i got higher it took longer for the errors unlike before the errors started Immediatly but after upping the voltage little @ a time i still got errors farther and farther along untill too much voltage made it bsod.

my ram wouldnt even run at 1866 before this last bios update and now it does alot better without problems on any but that 3RD dimm slot. but that is with it @ 1866. before i didnt get this error on these tests so im starting to think i might be able to run it back at 1600 or 1333 or even 1066 or 800 and see if i still have these problems. but if i dont have problems could this be cus i have the 1100T 3.3 ghz phenom II? would i have less problems if i just got the bulldozer?

it may change if i get the bulldozer. i hear that should fix my problems with the 1866 speed problem seens i shouldnt have to actually set it to 1866 manually. but i dont know seens i dont have the bulldozer yet to find out. i will soon but i dont want to wait too long and it end up being my mother board ram slot. i might be better off just sending it back but i dont wanna do that til i talk to tech support and see what you all have to say about this in here.

i hope you all understand what i am trying to say here... I am ALMOST possitive it is my ram slot and that really makes my guts turn to think i would have to send this mobo back. HELP! PLEASE!!!

update - ok since all this i have run the windows 7 memory diagnostics tool and came up NO ERRORS... now would it pass if i had a bad dimm slott or what? i get all these errors stated above running prime95 and i would trust prime95 anyday over windows diagnostics tool! most people say prime95 is for mostly cpu but it has blends and its even got a mostly ram test so and i know it works because i can run any of my ram as long as its not in the 3rd slot and i can run prime95 for hours but as soon as i put any stick of ram into the 3RD dimm slot it starts throwing fatal errors almost instantly.

i can run 1 dimm, 2 dimms, or even 3 in any combinations of slots as long as i dont try that 3RD slot so. question being if its bad dimm slot how does windows 7 diagnostics tool pass? i just dont get it. it must not test the same things as prime95 i am starting to think. imma pray i dont have to send this motherboard back. i love this board so far as far as ive had it. i already had to send ram and cpu back cus cpu was used already with ware and the ram didnt run well in this mobo without errors and im starting to think i sent that ram back for nothing because it could have been my dimm slot ALL ALONG... F**k ME!!!!!
    Last edited by SoloStyle; 11-29-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Default Re: AsRock Fatal1ty 990 FX Professional BAD DIMM SLOT? 3RD Slot...

Dear Solostyle,

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Load BIOS default settings first.
    2. Reinstall your CPU and check whether the CPU socket is fine or not.

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Emily what do you mean check to see if the cpu socket is fine? what exactly am i lookin for here? nothing seemed out of the ordinary when i installed it in the first place. but hey then again it can be finicky sometimes the first install and all parts were brand new and never had the cpu out of it since its been put in so yeah thanks for the help and ill let you know if i still get problems. ty
    Solo

ok i took it out and reinstalled the cpu and reset the bios. i did do some more tests with it at default and Bam no errors but then again that is runnin at 1333 and i am stumpted as to why i cant get this to run right at 1866 like it should. i know the motherboard specs say it can take it without it even being overclocked like alot of other rams and motherboards. i just dont get it. will the bulldozer make the difference? i just hope they get a bios to where i can run at 1866 and not have to change my cpu frequency or my cpu clock. i want stock cpu, stock ram and that is it. just stock. well this runnin at 1333 is NOT stock. otherwise they misadvertised the ram seens they advertised at 1866. i shouldnt have to put it there and if i do i shouldnt have to mess with my cpu frequency just to keep it from 1800,or 1864 or 1920. i want it to run at 1866 like suppose to. i am just stumped on this one. :(

Thread Information