Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HELP! D6 Error code on P67 EXTREME4 GEN3

Exclamation HELP! D6 Error code on P67 EXTREME4 GEN3

I'm hoping someone can help, I just attempted my new cpu build yesterday and it didn't go as planned. After all was said and done, I hit power and received no video on my monitor, the motherboard then showed a d6 error code which means: no console output devices found.

I tried swapping out the video card to a different PCI-E slot and still received no video. After powering up the 2nd time I then noticed the fan on the video card was not spinning. With that in mind I swapped the PCI-E power cord with another one I had and still a no go.

Does anyone have any recommendations or is it most likely a bad video card due to the fan not running on the video card? After work I plan on swapping out my Radeon HD 6950 with my GeForce GTS 8800 (though I don't know if the 8800 would run on this motherboard?). I also plan on moving the memory from the A2/B2 slot to the A1/B1 slot. Could it also be the processor? I have read someone reseating their processor and fixing the issue but I only want to try that as a final last ditch effort.

Any advice on this is appreciated!

My specs are below:ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3
    Intel Core i5-2500K
    SAPPHIRE FleX Radeon HD 6950 2GB with Eyefinity
    SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V
    G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Default Re: HELP! D6 Error code on P67 EXTREME4 GEN3

Resolved. Video card was slipping out of the pci-e slot since I could not use all the stand offs for the motherboard on my defective case.

Thread Information