Hi all,

New here. I posted this question on the audio and video forum, but it didn't look like there were any people viewing it and the last post was a week ago. Though it might be more appropriate to post to this one. Sorry for the double post. Anyway, I have a computer with an Asrock K7S41GX mother board and onboard video card. I'm assuming the onboard video card died as I have a blank screen with "NO SIGNAL" showing at the top. All wires are connected properly to the monitor. I purchased and physically installed a Diamond Multimedia - AMD ATI Radeon 9250 256MB DDR PCI Video Card in the PCI slot #1. I hoped that when I booted up the computer it would automatically detect it and I'd have something show up on my screen. However, this is not the case. The instructions tell you how to disable the old onboard video card, but without display, they are of no use. My question is, is it possible to manually or mechanically disable the onboard video card so I can use the new one? I am unable to do anything on the computer without video. Or, do you have any other suggestions as to what might be causing this. The assumption was that the original video card died resulting in the "NO SIGNAL" at the top of the screen. It worked the day before, I changed nothing, and the next day "NO SIGNAL". I appreciate any help. In effect, I've lost everything without the display.

Thanks, Mark