Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: M3A770DE eSATA trouble.

Default M3A770DE eSATA trouble.

So I've been having problems since the start. Built this computer a week ago. When I first turned it on, the eSATA drive was not working... the HD worked in USB, but was not being detected by the bios through the eSATA port. I tried installing the driver CD... nothing on the CD really seemed relevant to the issue, but after the CD was installed, the drive appeared through eSATA! Great, it works.

For 2 days. Then it stopped being detected. I tried changing to AHCI mode. This worked for about 2 hours, after which it was no longer being detected in Windows or the BIOS again! Dammit!

Now, the problem is the same with my girlfriends external HD, and another eSATA cord. I'm almost sure it is the motherboard. There is one thing that is interesting:

When I try to boot up with my external drive plugged into the computer through the eSATA port while in AHCI mode, it hangs before getting to Windows installation. It won't even let me enter the BIOS. If I plug in the eSATA drive while in the BIOS, it starts to get EXTREMELY slow. Changing from option to option takes 5 seconds, and the screen loads really really slowly.

Is my motherboard ****ed? Or is there some sort of way I could fix this?
    Last edited by BUTTFECK; 12-20-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Default Re: M3A770DE eSATA trouble.

nobody??

I feel your pain, eSATA not working on 890GX Pro3 with BIOS 1.4 and Win 7 installed in AHCI. My old ASUS board worked with a JMicron driver but no such luck here. Try doing a scan for hardware changes and drive should pop up. I use a utility called HotSwap that stays in my system tray, just right click to scan.
    HotSwap!

Not the best solution but at least a workaround until this is solved.

Unfortunately I can't scan for it.

After banging my head on the wall over eSATA issues I have resorted to going with a PCIe card to bring joy back into my camp. The EGG and others list a few inexpensive cards. I used a different card but mine worked in an x-16 slot, eSATA spanks my USB 3 every time.

Newegg.com - Rosewill RC-219 Silicon Image PCI Express eSata x2 NCQ non-RAID SATA II Controller Card

Thread Information