Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: nuviocir_win7_x64.sys BSOD on Asrock 3D series

Default nuviocir_win7_x64.sys BSOD on Asrock 3D series

Hello.

i got a Asrock HTPC with windows7 64bit installed.
    When i browse my movies in XBMC in library mode the pc crashes in a BSOD.
    when i browse in "file browser" mode it works fine.

on the BSOD i get a error where it says it is missing nuviocir_win7_x64.sys
    here is the minidump file: 2shared - download 010112-20482-01.dmp

on the internet i found that nuviocir_win7_x64.sys is from "Nuvoton Technology"
    the asrock website says this is the power supply manufacturer or something.
    in the control center i can find a program installed named "CIR tools" from the publisher "Nuvoton Technology", version "2.1.2009.0619"

i have not been able to find a update for this program. anyone has a idea about this crash or can tell me what driver i need to download from the nuvoton website, i found this site with some drivers" Nuvoton Drivers - Nuvoton Drivers Download & Update, Nuvoton Drivers for Mac, Win 7/Vista/XP "

cheers for any help.
    Arsenius,

Default Re: nuviocir_win7_x64.sys BSOD on Asrock 3D series

I am guessing that your HTPC came with a MCE infrared remote and most likely the remote uses a CIR receiver plugged into one of the units USB ports. That USB port is unique than any other USB ports on your unit because the internal wiring is different than a normal USB port. So make sure that you have that CIR receiver (dongle) plugged into the correct port per the instruction manual. The drivers on the ASRock site for the CIR receiver are here:

ftp://174.142.97.10/Drivers/nettop/c...10219_CIR).zip

So if after checking to make sure that the CIR dongle is plugged into the correct USB port then I suppose you could uninstall the drivers thru the Win7 X64 ADD/REMOVE Programs Appellate then afterward re-install using these drivers...after decompressing the archive which is native to Win7 and so you won't need a special utility to do that.

I would also look into what the Win7 Power MGMT Settings are for your HTPC as maybe it is going into a sleep mode that you are not aware of and that could also be the cause as the library mode mode might use extra resources compared to the file browser mode.

Just some ideas that come to mind...

Please post back on what you discovered

Cheers
    SaphireX
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

hi. thank you for your reply.
    I will install the new drivers in the evening.
    I already deinstalled the current driver and then the remote doesnt work anymore as expected.
    I didnt get any dongle with the box so i think the receiver is installed inside the machine and not in any of the usb ports.
    i wil let you know if this worked.

Perhaps instead of a dongle that is an add-on that can be purchased for specific ASRock boards that are not HTPC's, your rig from the gitgo is an HTPC and they might have used an internal port to hide/protect the CIR receiver that ultimately is connected in some fashion to the USB BUSS. Please keep us in the loop if the driver re-install worked...
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

I reinstalled the driver yesterday midday.
    And it seems to have fixed to problem
    Normally after scrolling through the movies in library mode the htpc would crash in a BSOD within 20 seconds.
    Now i have tested staying in that mode for a few min scrolling through the movies and i havent had a crash yet.
    This morning also watched a serie and no problems.
    If i experience another crash where it repots a problem with "nuviocir_win7_x64.sys" i will let you know.

the Cir driver that was installed that was giving me these issue's came from the asrock cd. They might wanna update it.
    i couldnt find the driver on the Inet myself so thank you for your help !

Thread Information