Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AsRock Extreme 3 gen3 ..any body having issue while trying to set ISRT ? SSD not showing up sata 3 ?

Unhappy AsRock Extreme 3 gen3 ..any body having issue while trying to set ISRT ? SSD not showing up sata 3 ?

Ok so just wanted to know if any body else having issue I tried running Intel's Smart Response technology with a new OCZ agility 3 SSD. When I install both drives on Sata3 headers only 1 of the show and if i swap the out the other one will show. Here is the work around for it to work I had to move my 6GB/s HDD to a sata 2 header on the mobo and my SSD on a sata3 ....only way I could get them to show up and to install (ISRT) Any one have/had this issues any fix some one can share ...would be greatly appreciated

Note OS was installed prior to the SSD drive ......Thinking about re-installing OS over the week end to see if it fixes it

Default Re: AsRock Extreme 3 gen3 ..any body having issue while trying to set ISRT ? SSD not showing up sata 3 ?

It would seem it would show up sata II if one of the drive connected to the sata II port.

Have you tried the Asrock instructions?
    ASRock > Products > Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 > Manual

Have you tried the intel instructions?
    http://download.intel.com/support/ch...user_guide.pdf

I would think that both drives would need to be connected to the sata III ports for sata III speeds. at least the SSD should be on sata III for best results. I don't think the hard drive on sata III will make any difference at all, unless there are new instructions available for performance increases. escpecially for ISRT.

I looked over the instructions and I didn't notice anywhere about sata compatibility or setup.

Let me know how you figured it oiut as I may try this on my z68 board.

also, do you have an SLC SSD? They don't require trim as ISRT works in RAID mode and TRIM isn't supported in RAID modes yet. So you could suffer from slow speeds until garbage collection kicks in. but it should affect the drives shifting into sata II mode.

Good luck
    -=Mark=-
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Default Re: AsRock Extreme 3 gen3 ..any body having issue while trying to set ISRT ? SSD not showing up sata 3 ?

Since you don't have an OS installed yet connect both your SSD's to the 2 native Intel SATA 3 ports and run Parted Magic. If Parted Magic does not detect both SATA's then double check/swap out your SATA data cables as well as the SATA drive power connectors from your PSU just to rule out a bad cable or bad SATA power connector.
    Let us know how you make out

Here is the link how to use Parted Magic

Mushkin Enhanced Forums • View topic - Secure Erase with Parted Magic

Good Luck

SaphireX
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Thread Information