Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: A770DE+ Issue

Question A770DE+ Issue

Hello all. Was wondering if anyone had an idea as to why my system will not recognize my CD/DVD Burner(TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N)? It is a SATA drive just like my hard drive is but neither the bios or windows will not find it. It worked just fine hooked up to my old motherboard. Every once in awhile when I reboot the system windows will give me a installing device driver for the burner, but it always says failed. :( I've tried swapping the cables and trying different SATA plugs on the motherboard but it just refuses to find it! Other than this issue everything else works great!! Any ideas?? Thanks for your time!

---Doug F.

Default Re: A770DE+ Issue

I've had this same issue several times. The usual routine I go through are:

make sure the DVD is plugged into the last sata port. sometimes the first few are for hard drives only.
    make sure it is a good cable. this is usually the problem. make sure cable fits snug!
    if it ejects, the power is fine.

You can check "Disk Management". It is part of "Computer Management". It list raw drive information and list all of your hard drives as generic disk 1, disk 2 ,disk 3, etc. Just scroll to the bottom of the list for your DVD drive and is should say something like CD-ROM 0. if you don't see it there, then it isn't installed at all. Make sure it is listed in your BIOS basic settings. if not in either spot, then it may be a bad drive. test on another machine if possible.

good luck
    -=Mark=-
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Hiya and thanks for the reply. Sadly it's still not working. I tried it in another computer and it works just fine. I even hooked up an newer liteon burner to everyone of the sata ports and it wouldn't even recognize it. Any other ideas??? Thanks alot for your time!!

---Doug F.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz1972 View Post
    Hiya and thanks for the reply. Sadly it's still not working. I tried it in another computer and it works just fine. I even hooked up an newer liteon burner to everyone of the sata ports and it wouldn't even recognize it. Any other ideas??? Thanks alot for your time!!

---Doug F.
    This is amazingly odd. It sounds like you DVD is dead, but it works on another machine. It also sounds like your sata ports are dead, but your hard drive works. very, very, strange!

ah ha, you must have a bad sata power connector, since you can't eject the dvd. Try swapping the power and sata cables from your hard drive onto your dvd and say a prayer or two.

Luck
    -=Mark=-
    ps. how did you install windows?
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Thread Information