Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Mixed RAID and Non-RAID Setup

Default Mixed RAID and Non-RAID Setup

I have a new ASROCK H67M motherboard. I wish to implement a mixed RAID and non-RAID configuration. The following is the disk drive configuration I wish to setup:
    -A single SSD where I will install my operating system. This SSD will be in a non-RAID configuration.
    -Two (2) spinning drives configured in a RAID configuration where I will store data.

I read through the ASROCK documentation and but was unable to learn how to setup ASROCK UEFI Setup Utility in this mixed RAID/non-RAID configuration. I did read about creating a RAID configuration for all installed drives but not a mixed configuration as I desire. Any suggestions will be most appreciated

Default Re: Mixed RAID and Non-RAID Setup

Just put your two drives in a RAID and leave you ssd in non-array and you should be fine. That's all I have had to do in the past. You may need to enable the raid boot BIOS as sometimes it is hidden to speed up boot times.

Good luck.
    -=Mark=-

ps, make sure your optical drives are in last two slots (fifth and sixth physical ports)
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Mixed RAID and Non-RAID Setup

As mentioned above it's very simple, set RAID but only create your RAID array using the two disks you intend to RAID.

You will need to load the RAID driver during windows install onto the SSD possibly, depending on the OS you are installing. I'd also be sure to put the SSD into the first SATA slot for the controller you are using, opticals as mentioned above=last.

Thread Information