Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 DVI Port on Startup

Default Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 DVI Port on Startup

Hi,

having a strange issue with my Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 in conjunction with the i3-2100 CPU:

When Monitor #1 is connected to the DVI Port, the system boots (1 beep from UEFI Bios). If Monitor #2 is connected via HDMI
    the system, the system wont boot (no Bios beep).

When the system is up with Windows running (booted only with Monitor #1) and Monitor #2 is connected, I can use both displays just fine!
    Please note that I do not have a "real" graphics card, Im just using the onboard GPU of the Sandy Bridge CPU.

So it seem sthat the HDMI port only causes problems during boot procedure, generally it works.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or have had similar issues?

Thanks a lot!
    lobstar

Default Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 DVI Port on Startup

Ok, problem is solved, though Im not sure why :)
    I updated to the newest bios (1.3 currently) and tried the same setings I had before (note here that the bios update resets the bios settings, so if you have an ssd with ahcpi it wont boot until you set this again). I do not remember the exact name of the option, but it was something with the onboard GPU. It was set to PCI-E (another option was PCI), which I switched over to onboard. Then I installed the newest intel HD drivers for the CPU, configured windows via the intel tool to use the 2 displays (I started windows without monitor #2 and plugged it in after startup) and restarted.
    Thats how it worked for me.

Thread Information