Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 pin problem

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 pin problem

It might be because you have not clicked the link in the registration email sent to you? I see in your settings that it's set to allow others to see your avatar, signature, ect so you should be able to create those unless there's a setting somewhere else I missed.

Anyway, I'll change you to a registered member now, be nice with the images and BIO if this allows you to set it now If you still don't have the options in the above image let me know and I'll look for the amount of posts you need before you can use those, because a setting like that would have to be the only thing left that's stopping you from using your profile.

*Edit* It was the registration email, you can't use signature, ect until you've clicked the link to register. I changed your member status now though, so you should be all set and can customize your profile.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-01-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    I always build and test my systems outside of the computer case.
    When installing the Intel cpu cooler, I find it much easier to do it with the motherboard out of the case, where I can support the underside of the motherboard with my other hand. I connect each push-pin connector using a cross pattern, for example top left -> bottom right -> bottom left -> top right. When I'm done, I firmly pull on each push-pin one at a time to ensure that each one is firmly connected. It is possible that one or more push-pins are not fully seated.
    I also use the cross pattern. They snapped in fine and didn't move at all when pulled.

Make sure that there isn't any debris that might prevent the cpu from seating fully in the socket.

It's possible that there is an incompatibility with your psu and motherboard.
    Does your camera have a macro tele-zoom option that would let you shoot from farther away but still get a close-up photo of the pins?
    No, unfortunately it can only focus in macro when I'm really close and it won't let me zoom out in macro mode. Best would be to have a 400mm zoom :-)
    It sounds like your psu has 2 4-pin ATX_12V connectors. Verify that each connector is fully seated and that they are installed correctly.
    Yes they are fully seated and connected correctly. I reconnected them several times. The connectors are keyed, so it's impossible to put them incorrectly. I've also tried with just one connector, which the board allows (according to the manual of the board).
    Last edited by zoomer99; 02-01-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks for registering me. I didn't receive that mail. I remember waiting for it 2 days ago, looking in all kind of junk email folders. I have changed my email now to another one, maybe this will work better.

Before I changed my email address in the settings I could see the avatar and signature menus, thanks to your modifications, but now they are gone again (maybe because I've changed my email? - there was a message for about half a second (too fast to read) after I've changed the mail)
    Last edited by zoomer99; 02-01-2012 at 07:43 PM.

I had a similar experience, Make sure your video board is seated.
    INTEL|CORE I7 2600K 3.4G 8M __ XIGMATEK|GAIA SD1283 cpu cooler
    ASROCK|Z68 EXTREME4 Z68 ~ Bios: 1.7
    2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH CL 7-8-7-24-2N 1.6V
    MSI|R6970-2PM2D2GD5 HD6970 2GB.x2 ______Acer H233H monitor [1920x1080]
    THORTECH|1000W TTBK00G ____ .Altec 5-1 speakers
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb___ .win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    Samsung Hd 1035j 932GB Data) ~~ Creative Xfi-Ti
    WD 5000AAKS 476GB(data) G700 mouse
    Apex Steel series Keyboard
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Wolf Claw M# DK-2388U
    Cisco ra2700

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, it could have been due to something with changing email, I'll check the setting again and be sure you are set as a registered member.

I think we've been having some outgoing email issues lately, so that may be why you are not receiving the registration email.

*Edit*

That's it, I checked and it was again set to awaiting email confirmation! So leave your email as-is now, otherwise it will reset again and you wont be able to change those options until you get the email. You should now be able to set a signature again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information