Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 changing to AHCI from IDE - Windows Loads VERY SLOW after

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 changing to AHCI from IDE - Windows Loads VERY SLOW after

OK, I got ya now! Yes, that is only for Windows 7 or Vista, for XP you have to do a clean install or follow a more involved guide to switching to AHCI.

Here's in depth guide on how to switch XP to AHCI after installing in IDE mode
    Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers - MSFN Forum

Or you can try this simple tool, IF your motherboard supports RAID. If it does, use this, then enable RAID in the BIOS and boot back to windows in RAID mode, then update to the latest Intel RST Storage drivers and reboot back to windows once more. When in windows this time change this registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\msahci\Start to ZERO (0), then reboot back to BIOS and set AHCI instead of RAID. Then when in windows again, reinstall the Intel drivers.
    http://www.geek-republic.com/software/raidfix/

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...age+Technology << Third link for RST driver/program

Or, you can also do a repair windows install (NOT using recovery console) and install the F6 pre-install AHCI driver via floppy using F6 during the initial repair setup, this will leave all your programs there but you will need to reinstall all windows updates again.
    How-to repair Windows XP - Geeks to Go Forums

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 changing to AHCI from IDE - Windows Loads VERY SLOW after

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    OK, I got ya now! Yes, that is only for Windows 7 or Vista, for XP you have to do a clean install or follow a more involved guide to switching to AHCI.
    Thanks for the help. I won't be able to attempt the changeover for a bit, but I'll bookmark your response and post back after I've updated my system.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK, good luck and please post back if you remember!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information