Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 compatible with CM 212 EVO?

Default ASRock Z68 Extreme4 compatible with CM 212 EVO?

Hello there,

I've been searching around the internet.

I haven't been able to find an answer.

As said in the title, do anyone know if the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO fits on the ASRock Z68 Extreme4if all the RAM slots are being used?

The RAMS are Corsair Vengeance, they are quite big.
    Last edited by casp1887; 02-04-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Bios 1.70.
    Intel Core I7 2700K - 4,5 GHz - Noctua NH-C14 cooler.
    16GB Corsair Vengeance - 1600MHz
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560 TiSO
    Corsasir VX550W
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 compatible with CM 212 EVO?

t should fit fine. I use this heatsink on my bulldozer and it clears the first slot barely. But my ripjawx ram (4 x 4GB) have the medium tall heatsinks.

The fan is a clip on fan and you can move it up and down by an inch or so. or you can just put it on the back side of the heatsink as it is designed for a second add-on fan to be installed if you wish.

This heatsink is a budget heatsink, so it won't be the best for overclocking. It should keep your CPU much cooler than the stock heatsink, and allow a slight overclock with ease.

But the heatsink is narrow enough to clear your memory even after the fan is attached.

-=Mark=-
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 compatible with CM 212 EVO?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJohnson View Post
    t should fit fine. I use this heatsink on my bulldozer and it clears the first slot barely. But my ripjawx ram (4 x 4GB) have the medium tall heatsinks.

The fan is a clip on fan and you can move it up and down by an inch or so. or you can just put it on the back side of the heatsink as it is designed for a second add-on fan to be installed if you wish.

This heatsink is a budget heatsink, so it won't be the best for overclocking. It should keep your CPU much cooler than the stock heatsink, and allow a slight overclock with ease.

But the heatsink is narrow enough to clear your memory even after the fan is attached.

-=Mark=-
    Thank you very much :)
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Bios 1.70.
    Intel Core I7 2700K - 4,5 GHz - Noctua NH-C14 cooler.
    16GB Corsair Vengeance - 1600MHz
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560 TiSO
    Corsasir VX550W
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Thread Information