Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68 Fatal1ty professional Gen3 and Corsair K90 BIOS problems

Default Z68 Fatal1ty professional Gen3 and Corsair K90 BIOS problems

Recently i started experiencing random issues with my keyboard (Corsair K90) while in BIOS. At first everything was working fine and I was able to get to BIOS with no problems using the DEL key during POST and the keyboard also worked fine.
    Then, as i was still setting up my overclock, i was going back and forth between BIOS and Windows, as you do, one time the number keys stopped responding correctly. All number keys on the regular keyboard (the horizontal number keys, underneath F1, F2... etc keys) would register the minimum allowed value upon keystroke. For example: if i wanted to manually overclock my CPU and decided to enter a number in the box - it would enter value of "16" no matter which key i pressed. On another hand all NumPad key behaved in a different way: All keys (12346789) would register as their values if the NumLock was not turned on. The key "5" would register as normal and type 5.

I tried the latest beta update (1.36) but that did not solve the problem - in fact it made it worse as i was not able to get to BIOS at all as DEL and F2 key did not seem to work.

Then i decided to revert back to v1.30 and DEL and F2 worked again but the issue with not being able to imput numbers remained. I used another USB keyboard (Logitech Illuminated keyboard) to edit values in BIOS and had no problems whatsoever. The second keyboard was connected at the same time with my Corsair K90.
    Been going like this for few days now.

Today i randomly seemed to have found a solution to the problem: While i was in BIOS, with both Corsair k90 and Logitech keyboards connected to the PC i unplugged the Logitech and mu Corsair started behaving fine. Restarted few times just to make sure it wasn't one off and it seems to be working fine for now.

Will update if something weird happens again.

While I find this workaround fine for now i'm really hoping AsRock manages to correct the issues with these keyboards (K90 and K60) as they are quickly becoming very popular. I also do not think may people will find the alternative of keeping 2 keyboards at hand very attractive :)

Default Re: Z68 Fatal1ty professional Gen3 and Corsair K90 BIOS problems

Just to add it also works if i unplug and plug back the K90 keyboard while in BIOS. Have to do this basically every single time now.

Dear Boombox,

We test Corsair K90 keyboard with BIOS P1.30 and L1.36, the keyboard works normally.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Flash BIOS P1.30 or L1.36 and then load BIOS default settings to try again.
    2. Plug the keyboard to USB2.0 ports to try again.
    3. Only plug Corsair K90 keyboard to check whether the symptom still occur.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Hi Emily, please see my post above yours. the keyboard works but i have to disconnect and reconnect it pretty much every time i enter BIOS.
    The keyboard is plugged in the topmost USB 2 port (right next to the PS/2 port)

Thread Information