Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Extreme3 Gen3 no post

Default Extreme3 Gen3 no post

Just got all my parts today in the mail and put it together. When i boot up nothing happens, no error code (just sits at 00) no splash, nothing. Unplugged everything except the mobo and CPU and still nothing. Took it out of the case and put it on a box to see if it was shorting, same thing, nothing. I believe it's a dead board but really don't want to RMA and have to wait for another one. Any other ideas?

Mobo: Extreme 3 gen3
    Ram: 8 gigs ddr3 1600 patriot ram
    CPU: i5-2500k, cooler master 212 heatsink
    HD: Western digital cavier black 600gigs
    PSU: Rosewill hive 550W
    GPU: Radeon 6850

Edit: I put my old PSU in to see what would happen and the Dr. Debug LED debug lights never even lit up.
    Edit2: Took out the cpu to see if the Dr. Debug code would change. No power in the board at all without the CPU. No power in the fan for it, no dr debug lights at all.
    Last edited by atriax; 02-10-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Default Re: Extreme3 Gen3 no post

Same exact problem here with completely different hardware setup. This seems to be a trend according to Google

Default Re: Extreme3 Gen3 no post

Assuming the general solution is to RMA the damn thing and hope the new one works? Really would love to find a solution that didn't involve having to return it.

Thread Information