Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 880gm-le - What happened to it?

Default 880GM-LE - What happened to it? Discontinued?

Hello,

I've been researching a new motherboard since before Christmas and the ASROCK 880gm-le was perfect for me. I looked at every brand and model for AM3 socket cpu's. Ordered it last week and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I noticed all of a sudden nobody has it and ASROCK pulled it from their motherboard list. I got a sick feeling that if the mb has a problem I won't be able to get a replacement or even support. ASROCK only has 1yr warranties on their motherboards.

Has this 880gm-le motherboard just been discontinued in the last week or so?

Should I eat the cost of shipping/restocking fee and send it back and not bother going thru all the work installing it and get something that's not discontinued?

My 2nd choice was a Biostar with a 3 yr warranty but the ASROCK had more sata and usb ports. Can I pick'em or what?

Thanks
    Last edited by gb777; 02-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Default Re: 880gm-le - What happened to it?

I believe it was replaced with a USB 3.0 model. Something like "880GM-LE/USB3" however I may have that mixed up somewhere.
    My Rig
    CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE @ 4GHz
    RAD: Corsair H60 [2x Gentle Typhoon AP-15]
    MB: ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC
    SND: Asus Xonar Essence STX
    SSD: Cosair Force 3 60GB
    HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P
    CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Scout

Default Re: 880gm-le - What happened to it?

Thanks for the thought. I believe the one you're thinking about is the 880GMH-LE/USB3. It's nowhere to be found and is more scarce than the 880GM-LE. That one is nearly identical except for the USB3 as you mentioned.

It's just strange that one week it was readily available at several places, New Egg, Amazon to mention a couple and now it's gone with New Egg status Out Of Stock Deactivated. Amazon shows Currently Unavailable with none of their affiliates showing them either.

Thanks

Thread Information