Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASRock 880GMH/U3S3: 5 beeps when starting up my new assembled PC

Default ASRock 880GMH/U3S3: 5 beeps when starting up my new assembled PC

Hi, I hope you can help me, this weekend I assembled a PC, when turning on the PC the screen is black, then it shows the name of the bios, further it shows only the SSD connected on SATA 3 and then it produces 5 beeps followed by one beep, black screen and the computer loads Windows and seems to function normal.Can you please explain me why my system produces the 5 (error) beeps and how can I solve it?Thanks and with kind regards,Manish<o:p></o:p>Motherboard: ASRock 880GMH/U3S3<o:p></o:p>Processor: AMD FX-4100<o:p></o:p>SSD: Mushkin MKNSSDCR60GB (connected on SATA 3 port with SATA-3 cable)<o:p></o:p>RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit (2 times 4gb)<o:p></o:p>DVD: Samsung SH-222AB (connected on SATA 2 port with SATA-3 cable)<o:p></o:p>PC Case: MS-TECH LC-09B<o:p></o:p>I am using a samsung HD Ready TV as screen connected through HDMI. <o:p></o:p>OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit)
    Last edited by Manish1970; 02-13-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: improve lay-out

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ASRock 880GMH/U3S3: 5 beeps when starting up my new assembled PC

Try re-seating the memory, maybe clean off the memory gold contact with an eraser or q-tip or cotton ball with a little alcohol on it (Then let dry), and check the manual to be sure it's in the correct slots.

It could also mean the CPU has failed, but since you are getting into windows it can't be that. Go ahead and update the BIOS too to be sure it's supporting your CPU
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...MH/U3S3&o=BIOS

*Edit*

Actually, I believe the CPU is probably the issue, that CPU is not supported by any of the current BIOSes, so you'll need to wait for a new BIOS or email and request one.
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=880GMH/U3S3

Or in case the rep for Asrock rep (ASRock TSD - Emily) doesn't see your message, you could send her a PM so she gets an email about your request.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/members/...tsd-emily.html
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-13-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Try re-seating the memory, maybe clean off the memory gold contact with an eraser or q-tip or cotton ball with a little alcohol on it (Then let dry), and check the manual to be sure it's in the correct slots.
    Thanks LSD for your reply but I think my memory seems to be seated well and functioning allright as my windows rating shows 7,2 (out of 7,9) and applications work well. Thanks for your suggestion.with kind regards,Manish

Sorry, I was editing my post while looking up your board info, see above

And sorry about that, I just looked again see it listed!! Browser find not working for me again!! I was using model #FD4100WMGUSBX from a Newegg page, and the Asrock page only lists FD4100WMW4KGU(BE)

Not sure what it could be then, hopefully Emily will be able to better advise you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Try re-seating the memory, maybe clean off the memory gold contact with an eraser or q-tip or cotton ball with a little alcohol on it (Then let dry), and check the manual to be sure it's in the correct slots.It could also mean the CPU has failed, but since you are getting into windows it can't be that. Go ahead and update the BIOS too to be sure it's supporting your CPUASRock > Products > Motherboard > 880GMH/U3S3 > Download*Edit*Actually, I believe the CPU is probably the issue, that CPU is not supported by any of the current BIOSes, so you'll need to wait for a new BIOS or email and request one.ASRock > Products > 880GMH/U3S3 > CPU Support ListOr in case the rep for Asrock rep (ASRock TSD - Emily) doesn't see your message, you could send her a PM so she gets an email about your request.View Profile: ASRock TSD - Emily - TweakTown Forums
    Dear LSD, many thanks for your time and effort, my BIOS works with the FX-processors starting from version 1.50, I have made sure the BIOS is at least 1.50 so that should not be the problem.Thanks again,Manish

Ya, sorry again about that, asleep at the wheel over here I guess :)

I have found out what causes the problem. I had connected my PC through HDMI, as an experiment I disconnected HDMI and reconnected again using d-sub. My PC booted up like it supposed to and gives me acces to the UEFI features, so with d-sub connection I have a perfect running PC.

That takes me to my current problem, I have downloaded the latest drivers, bought a new HDMI 1.4 cable but unfortunately when I connect through HDMI it gives me 5 beeps again and does not show me any UEFI options. So connecting through HDMI does not boot like it supposed to. Does anybody else have got experiences connecting through HDMI and do I have a bad motherboard or should I change a setting somewhere?

Same problem with the beeps here. My Motherboard is Asrock 880Gpro3. Bios version p1.40.Whether i use any of the onboard video outputs (d-sub,DVI,HDMI) or my external graphical card (Sapphire HD 6770) the motherboard produces 5 beeps and then 1 "normal" beep and boots to windows.I am able to boot to UEFI Bios but my screen resolution is 640X800 or something like that and my display is not stretched to see all the menus etc. If i unplug my monitor video cable, power on the PC - no beeps, i can hit F2 for setup, and plug my video cable back in, i see the full UEFI setup utility with a good resolution and everything is fine as it should be.
    Strange stuff...

Try using DVI if HDMI is giving you issues. I suspect it may have something to do with the fact that HDMI carries audio as well has video (DVI only does video)
    My Rig
    CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE @ 4GHz
    RAD: Corsair H60 [2x Gentle Typhoon AP-15]
    MB: ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC
    SND: Asus Xonar Essence STX
    SSD: Cosair Force 3 60GB
    HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P
    CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Scout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast