Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is the Dr. Debug light supposed to be completely off when everything is normal?

Default Is the Dr. Debug light supposed to be completely off when everything is normal?

I am a new use of Asrock. I just got a Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 board. When I booted for the first time, the Dr. Debug light came on and flashed a few numbers. I didn't pay much attention to it since it was brand new and Windows 7 hasn't been installed yet and I did not know the significance of the code/number.

Then I installed Windows 7. And currently everything seems to be working correctly and no functional problems with the board. Now the Dr. Debug light only comes on briefly during boot then it turns off completely when booted into Windows 7. Is this normal behavior for this light? Is it supposed to be off when everything is normal? I couldn't find anything in google as far a documentation on Dr. Debug.
    I do see in the manual on the codes and their description but no more information on when the light is supposed to be on or off.

Thanks for any info on this.

Default Re: Is the Dr. Debug light supposed to be completely off when everything is normal?

You caught my curiousity with this one and in looking thru my side panel my Dr.Debug LED is dark so even though we have different boards it would appear that you are correct that it goes dark when fully booted and everything is normal. In contrast to my other rig an nForce board where the equivalent of a Dr.Debug stays lit and displays 99 when all is well...

Cheers
    SaphireX
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Default Re: Is the Dr. Debug light supposed to be completely off when everything is normal?

Quote Originally Posted by SaphireX View Post
    You caught my curiousity with this one and in looking thru my side panel my Dr.Debug LED is dark so even though we have different boards it would appear that you are correct that it goes dark when fully booted and everything is normal. In contrast to my other rig an nForce board where the equivalent of a Dr.Debug stays lit and displays 99 when all is well...

Cheers
    SaphireX
    Good to hear that it should be normal even with nothing displayed at all. Thanks!

Thread Information