Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How to boot x79 Extreme9 mobo from disk for Win7 install

Default How to boot x79 Extreme9 mobo from disk for Win7 install

Hi, first time system builder here. I've made it this far without a mishap, or any big ones, it seems. The UEFI bios is showing all the ram being recognized. Same for the processor, video, and sound cards, ect. I can't seem to locate a boot from cd/dvd option in the bios. Perhaps I am missing it via lack of terminology knowledge. When booting up I am not seeing any option to 'press any key to boot from cd/dvd' as installation tutorials suggest I should.

The UEFI bios are pretty and all, but I was kind of hoping to get more out of my new computer than just an overclocking menu; maybe a word processor if that’s not presumptuous, wishful thinking. Help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: How to boot x79 Extreme9 mobo from disk for Win7 install

Well Gjallar as long as you have just your boot drive connected then with the Win7 DVD in your preferred optical drive then Win7 "setup" should SEE the lone drive and begin the install of your OS. But to guarantee things you need to navigate in your UEFI to set hard drive priority (just in case you have more than your target OS drive hooked up) and also select your preferred optical drive if you have more than one optical. Then set the Boot Order Priority to be your future OS Hard Drive then your preferred optical drive...

Does this help? or do you need a pictorial from your manual

Good Luck
    SaphireX
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Thread Information