Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Temp sensors read -1 C in Bios and in Oc utility 970 Extreme3

Default Temp sensors read -1 C in Bios and in Oc utility 970 Extreme3

Lets see if you guys can figure this out. Sadly its a real problem and for the life of me I can't find the problem. My wife has a 970 Extreme 3 mobo and she did a cleaning and upon starting it all back up we noticed the clock was wrong. Secondly when we went to go check Temps in the Oc tuner we notice the temps at -1c. So we attempt to reboot and windows shuts down and the screen goes black like its gonna fully shut down but doesn't. The Fans and lights run nothing else so we press and hold the button to shut it down and it completes the power down cycle. Ok heres where I scratch my head. We reboot and go into Bios set up to look at the temp reading there and it also shows -1c. She updated her bios Im just not sure what to do. She has other temp monitoring software that shows her temp but we need the Bios to show temp and the comp to fully shut down. Any help would be great. The processor is a Amd 8 core fx series. Thanks!

Default Re: Temp sensors read -1 C in Bios and in Oc utility 970 Extreme3

Most ASRock boards use the Nuvoton NCT6776F (ISA 290h) sensor to capture the CPU temps, GPU temps, Hard Drive temps, Fan speeds and of course Voltages that are supplied to various components...
    From the sounds of things this "cleaning" may have electrostatically damaged the sensor ISA chip and since it is malfunctioning as you discovered it is affecting how the machine runs and shuts down. Try doing a hard reset of the UEFI/BIOS with the A/C power disconnected from your PSU by moving the jumper pin as detailed in your mobo manual. Then on boot enter the UEFI set any mods you made and SEE if the hardware monitoring is working and giving reasonable temp figures as well as other items that it monitors. If it does cross your fingers and exit the UEFI/BIOS and boot into windows...If on the other hand the values are 'out to lunch' then most likely the board will need to be replaced unless you are handy and can remove the ISA chip (providing you can locate it and micro-soldier in a replacement chip - if you can find one...

Good Luck!
    SaphireX
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Thread Information