Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 and Video Card not displaying video

Default ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 and Video Card not displaying video

I'm building two identical work stations.......... Here are the builds as follows:

i7 2600K
    Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 (1.3v Bios)
    GSkill DDR3 1600mhz
    AMD Firepro V7900
    Corsair 600watt (80cert)
    Crucial M4 SSD
    Antec 300
    Windows 7 64x Pro

When i use the discreet video card and boot up........i get no codes and no beeps. Just black screen.....system is booting up. When i use Onboard video and boot up all is well and if i go to the device manager and look at display adapters.....it recognizes the V7900 and windows says it's working properly. LOL If i install the Intel HD graphics drivers and have the onboard plugged into a monitro and the V7900 plugged into the a monitor then windows 7 thinks i have two monitors hooked up and usable. So if i switch desktop from onboard to discreet then screen stays black on discreet connection and onboard connection but if i say display desktop on onboard display then the desktop appears and all is well other then the extended desktop monitor isn't working.

I guess what i'm trying to say is windows sees the cards in each system but whether in bios or windows the video card isn't displaying any video feed to a monitor. I also tried a Nvidia Quatro 600 in one of the two machines with the same results. Does that make sense.

What i've done so far:

Switched all the parts back and forth from both builds.
    Contacted ASRock Support via online form and heard back a few days later and was told to make sure the cards works and they do. I tried in other systems i have.
    Contacted ASRock Supoort via telephone and talked to a rep who told me that he was forwarding my problem to headquarters.
    Contacted Emily Via this site but haven't heard back yet.
    Posted on many threads and forums all over the web including this one and haven't got any replies so i'm making my own thread.
    Last edited by jiggageazy; 03-01-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 and Video Card not displaying video

Similar thread posted regarding a Z68 Extreme 4 MB. Not resolved yet. But I'm wondering if you might have installed Lucid VIRTU feature and left it at the I-mode setting. You would need to have it at the d-mode setting to use the discrete adapter.
    Currently building:
    Intel i7-3770K LGA1155
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 MB
    16 GB (4X4GB) Corsair Dominator-GT DDR-3 with Airflow cooling fans
    OCZ Vertex3 2.5" SSD 120GB SATAIII MLC Flash Memory with Trim Support
    (2) Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 2TB 64 MB Cache 7200 SATA III 6Gb/s
    Currently using on-chip graphics but NV 580 in future
    Asus 24X DVDRW SATA OEM
    Asus 12X Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G SATA III
    Antec Earthwatts 650 Watt ATX 12V V.2.3
    Vantec 58 to 1 Internal card reader - USB II + separate 3.5: internal floppy drive
    Corsair Obsidian 650-D Case
    Windows 7 Professional, Office Pro 2010, Nero 10, Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jafe43 View Post
    Similar thread posted regarding a Z68 Extreme 4 MB. Not resolved yet. But I'm wondering if you might have installed Lucid VIRTU feature and left it at the I-mode setting. You would need to have it at the d-mode setting to use the discrete adapter.
    Yes tried with and without VIRTU.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by jiggageazy View Post
    Yes tried with and without VIRTU.
    having the same problems as you, though with different card, and i can't even get mien to show up in device manager. ASRock don't seem to care about the issue either.. 11 days since i first e-mailed them with problems and still haven't heard back

Quote Originally Posted by silverman View Post
    having the same problems as you, though with different card, and i can't even get mien to show up in device manager. ASRock don't seem to care about the issue either.. 11 days since i first e-mailed them with problems and still haven't heard back
    I'm returning my ASRock boards and never buying another one again. I'll stick to my Asus. Support for ASRock is a joke!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by jiggageazy View Post
    I'm returning my ASRock boards and never buying another one again. I'll stick to my Asus. Support for ASRock is a joke!
    exactly.. it's been almost 2 weeks, since i posted my first tech support claim, not even an e-mail back. completely **** company.

Thread Information