Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X79 Extreme6 Wont Post

Default X79 Extreme6 Wont Post

My new motherboard won't post. Dr. Debug spits out the codes 60, 19, 60, 67 then shuts down and restarts. This loops indefinitely.

I have an i7-3930k CPU and 16 gigs of DDR3 1600 memory installed. I've tried with nothing but the ram and CPU installed and I've tried different memory locations in different slots. Currently I have 2 DIMMS installed in memory slots A1 and B1.

Anyone have any ideas?

Unhappy Re: X79 Extreme6 Wont Post

Quote Originally Posted by tnt533 View Post
    My new motherboard won't post. Dr. Debug spits out the codes 60, 19, 60, 67 then shuts down and restarts. This loops indefinitely.

I have an i7-3930k CPU and 16 gigs of DDR3 1600 memory installed. I've tried with nothing but the ram and CPU installed and I've tried different memory locations in different slots. Currently I have 2 DIMMS installed in memory slots A1 and B1.

Anyone have any ideas?
    RMAed the MB, Newegg overnighted me one and the exact same issues were present. Went through the entire process again of testing the memory one at a time making sure to use the right slots. One DIMM in A1, one in A1 and B1, etc. So either the CPU is bad or the ram isn't supported. It's Corsair DDR3 1600. Corsair memory is a brand that just generally works and I highly doubt all 4 DIMMs are bad.

It seems to be down to the CPU or memory and I wish I knew which. I RMAed the CPU this morning and should have a new one tomorrow so I guess I'll find out then. I just feel horrible making Newegg eat all the shipping charges if it is indeed not the CPU but I don't have a choice. I contacted ASRock phone support, yes there is a number, and they were not very helpful. All the said, after telling me yesterday that MB was bad, was that it must be the CPU or ram. It feels like they're just guessing and have nothing really substantive to contribute. I love the board and it is highly rated on Newegg but ASRock's support leaves quite a bit to be desired!

Has anyone else out there built a LGA2011 system with the X79 Extreme6/GB or a similar board that might have something to contribute? What RAM was used, etc....

Default Re: X79 Extreme6 Wont Post

This is from another forum with a guy with the same problem, he finally got it to post by following Asrocks suggestion. I think he said the last method made it post. Hope it helps

Please follow the next steps in order to troubleshoot your main board.

TO CLEAR BIOS

First: disconnect the two power supplies sources from the main board. (24 Pins and 8 Pins) cables.

Pull the Battery out from its battery Socket.

Second short the 2 pins CLRMOS and set for from position 1~2 to 2~3 clear for about 5 seconds.

Finally reverse all steps above.

Turn your PC on and when screen Display appear Press the key F2 to Access to CMOS setup and then press the key F9 to load Optimal Defaults.

Finally press the key F10 to save and exit.

After your clear CMOS and still does not respond do the next steps:

TO TROUBLESHOOT MAINBOARD

In order to troubleshoot your mainboard disconnected all cables and work only with the cables recommended below.

Removed your mainboard from your Computer case (if your mainboard is installed in the case)

Make sure the mainboard is lay down in a clean flat surface and use the protection the comes with your mainboard to avoid any electrical short underside the circuit board.

Please connect only the cables requested below (do not connect IDEs, Floppy ect.)

The only parts for your Mainboard it needs to be install is the CPU & CPU's fan

Connect the 2-power connector (24 pins and 8 pins) from Power Supply

Connect the Speaker from your computer case (Diagnostic beep code by speaker). No sound speakers

Connect the Power Switch from your Computer case into Panel 1 Pushbutton.

Take your RAM out of your Mainboard as well as video card.

Then turn your mainboard on and you should heard 3 long beeps(code 19 then changed to 53) (if you heard them please turn it off)

Install your RAM and turn your mainboard on you should heard 5 long beeps(Without VGA card 5 long beeps(d6, then show 0d)

(if you heard them turn it off)

Install your video card and turn your mainboard on and you should heard 1 beep (you should have screen display in your monitor)

If all steps above passed please put your mainboard inside the case.

Every single time you added a cable from SATA or CD room please turn your PC off and try, if for some reason fail disconnect the last device you install and go one step back to trouble shoot by steps.Danger Den Double Wide water build (Quad GTX 480s, LG2011, SR1-360s, SR1-480)

Thanks for the information. I'm just sitting here waiting on ups to drop off the new CPU. When it shows and if it still exhibits the same issues I'll try the above suggestions and post back.

Well did the CPU solve the problem?

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

When installing a motherboard or building a system, I always:
    1. build and test my system on a bare cardboard box, outside of and beside the computer case
    2. turn off the power supply using it's on/off rocker switch before adding or removing ALL hardware;
      some prefer or recommend also unplugging the power supply cord from back of the psu or the wall outlet
    3. install only one memory module so that I can boot immediately into the bios to make any required bios changes
    4. run memory diagnostic/stress tests to "break-in" the hardware before installing the motherboard into the computer case

There are many other suggestions that are covered in well written web tutorials and/or books.

The suggested "minimalist" approach with the motherboard outside of the computer case is good, but .....
    Make sure the mainboard is lay down in a clean flat surface and use the protection the comes with your mainboard to avoid any electrical short underside the circuit board.
    Do NOT use the protective anti-static bag under or near the motherboard!! The outer layer of the anti-static bag is conductive to help dissipate static electrical charges. It's best to place the motherboard on top of a cardboard box or a book that is nearly the same size as your motherboard.

my 2 cents
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    When installing a motherboard or building a system, I always:
    1. build and test my system on a bare cardboard box, outside of and beside the computer case
    2. turn off the power supply using it's on/off rocker switch before adding or removing ALL hardware;
      some prefer or recommend also unplugging the power supply cord from back of the psu or the wall outlet
    3. install only one memory module so that I can boot immediately into the bios to make any required bios changes
    4. run memory diagnostic/stress tests to "break-in" the hardware before installing the motherboard into the computer case

There are many other suggestions that are covered in well written web tutorials and/or books.

The suggested "minimalist" approach with the motherboard outside of the computer case is good, but .....
    Do NOT use the protective anti-static bag under or near the motherboard!! The outer layer of the anti-static bag is conductive to help dissipate static electrical charges. It's best to place the motherboard on top of a cardboard box or a book that is nearly the same size as your motherboard.

my 2 cents
    You may be right about the anti static bag but I guess Asrock does agree since they suggest using it.

Thread Information