Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 775i65gv USB 2.0 driver problem

Default Asrock 775i65gv USB 2.0 driver problem

I installed Windows 7. Everything works great, except have no USB 2.0. BIOS is set up correct. Device manager reports no problems with USB controllers. This is what it lists:

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
    Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4
    Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
    Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE
    Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD
    USB Composite Device
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub

The Asrock manual says I have 6 USB 2.0 ports, plus one header to support two additional USB 2.0 ports

When I plug ANY USB 2.0 device int ANY port (I have tried every single one of them), I get the "This device can perform faster" pop-up; and when I click for available ports it reports 8 USB Root Hub ports under the USB2 Enhanced controller at 24DD; but plugging the device into ANY of the ports returns the same "device can perform faster if plugged into a Hi-speed USB 2.0 port." I see that the downloadable USB 2.0 drivers at the Asrock site are only for Widows 98 and ME or Windows 2000, or 64bit. I don't have 64 bit. What is the solution here?

How can I get USB 2.0 devices to work?

Default Re: Asrock 775i65gv USB 2.0 driver problem

Quote Originally Posted by silvanet View Post
    I installed Windows 7. Everything works great, except have no USB 2.0. BIOS is set up correct. Device manager reports no problems with USB controllers. This is what it lists:

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
    Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4
    Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
    Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE
    Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD
    USB Composite Device
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub

The Asrock manual says I have 6 USB 2.0 ports, plus one header to support two additional USB 2.0 ports

When I plug ANY USB 2.0 device int ANY port (I have tried every single one of them), I get the "This device can perform faster" pop-up; and when I click for available ports it reports 8 USB Root Hub ports under the USB2 Enhanced controller at 24DD; but plugging the device into ANY of the ports returns the same "device can perform faster if plugged into a Hi-speed USB 2.0 port." I see that the downloadable USB 2.0 drivers at the Asrock site are only for Widows 98 and ME or Windows 2000, or 64bit. I don't have 64 bit. What is the solution here?

How can I get USB 2.0 devices to work?
    By the way, I contacted Asrock Support. Their answer was the epic "buy a new Asrock motherboard that supports Winows 7 drivers." How lame. They may not know it, but everything works fine under Windows 7 on that board with the exception of the USB 2.0. It's a pretty lame excuse to make no attempt to fix or find a solution - just buy another board?

Thread Information