Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Game Blaster sound card Pops.

Default ASRock Game Blaster sound card Pops.

The card came with the X79 Extreme9 motherboard. Mine makes a fairly loud pop when I turn on the PC and when I switch devices in the Jack Setup. Iím using the same speakers that I used with my old PC and the old onboard audio never did this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cRalPpS3WPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

System:
    Motherboard:____ASRock X79 Extreme9
    CPU:__________Intel 3930k 3.2GHz
    RAM:__________G.SKILL 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
    Video Card:_____MSI HD7970
    System Drive:___Samsung 512GB 830 Series SSD
    Data Drive:_____Hitachi 4TB
    Power Supply:___SeaSonic Platinum-1000W
    LG Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM GGC-H20L

Default Re: ASRock Game Blaster sound card Pops.

133 views and not one comment? Is anyone else even using the ASRock Game Blaster?

For what it is worth, I remember reading elsewhere people complaining about this card and having to use another one. The complaints were about sound quality though and not popping sounds. Your take on the sound quality?

I see you got the X79 Extreme9 motherboard. Would you mind reading my post on whether you would recommend your motherboard or the Fatality one for me based on the info I posted?

One more thing on your video....any chance that thump sound is one being done by Windows as an action sound and there is nothing wrong with your sound card?

At the moment I can’t recommend this motherboard. The sound card seems to have issues and it has random lockups and I’ve seen a few other posts on other site regarding ASRock and RAM stability. They have offered the swap out the board but they don’t do cross shipping and my gut tells me it would do the same thing.

When I playback the recording the pop is more of a thud but it’s not like really like that. It’s the same kind of sound you may hear when plugging in audio cables with everything on.

It also makes the same noise when you turn on the PC.

The sound quality seems fine. No static or anything like that. I’d have to have this and my old system setup and be able to toggle back and forth to tell the difference, if any.
    Last edited by Tanquen; 04-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Thread Information